What is involved in Technical support
Find out what the related areas are that Technical support connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Technical support thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Technical support journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Technical support leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Technical support related domains to cover and 159 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Technical support, AT&T Mobility, Call center, Cold caller, Computer virus, Customer service, Device driver, Google Book Search, Hard disk, Help desk, Internet forum, Journal of Software Maintenance and Evolution, Knowledge base, Live support software, Managed services, Microsoft Windows, Mobile phone, Mobile phones, Personal computer, Physical layer, Power user, Prentice Hall, Project management, Remote desktop, Service Level Agreement, Social engineering, Software applications, Technical support scam, Windows Registry, World Wide Web:
Technical support Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Technical support management and explore and align the progress in Technical support.
– What alternatives do the vendors offer for contacting technical support (e.g., email, telephone, online chat, and web-based reporting)?
– If technical support services are included, what is the vendors commitment to timely response?
– Have you identified your Technical support key performance indicators?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Technical support move?
– How is the value delivered by Technical support being measured?
AT&T Mobility Critical Criteria:
Set goals for AT&T Mobility visions and gather practices for scaling AT&T Mobility.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Technical support does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Technical support requirements in detail?
– What are the usability implications of Technical support actions?
Call center Critical Criteria:
Align Call center outcomes and define Call center competency-based leadership.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Technical support project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Technical support. How do we gain traction?
– What proportion of Customer Service calls chats could present day AI technology resolve without assistance in principle?
– What is the average supervisor to Customer Service representative ratio for a fixed route call center?
– What is the best virtual hosted PBX platform to use for our phone Customer Service team?
– What are good examples of us utilizing SMS as a Customer Service mechanism?
– Have you integrated your call center telephony to your crm application?
– What are the issues of scaling Twitter for Customer Service?
– What are the pros and cons of outsourcing Customer Service?
– How do companies apply social media to Customer Service?
– Is social media the solution to bad Customer Service?
– Is Twitter an effective Customer Service tool?
Cold caller Critical Criteria:
Test Cold caller adoptions and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Cold caller projects.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Technical support process?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Technical support services/products?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Technical support that make it risky?
Computer virus Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Computer virus failures and gather Computer virus models .
– Does Technical support create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– How likely is the current Technical support plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Customer service Critical Criteria:
Administer Customer service quality and remodel and develop an effective Customer service strategy.
– For years, Customer Service departments have attempted to deploy right channeling strategies to optimize traditional Customer Service interactions (e.g. agent-assisted service vs. self-service). Today, however, right channeling is re-emerging, evolving, and re-asserting its importance as a strategy. Why?
– Often a problem in Customer Service occurs when the channels that are used by customers are managed by different departments and are disconnected from one another. have you been passed from person to person in an organization while you were trying to resolve different parts of an issue?
– Customer Service What is the future of CRM with regards to Customer Service five years from now, What Technologies would affect it the most and what trends in Customer Service landscape would we see at that time?
– In the past year, do you believe that companies have generally improved or worsened in terms of the amount of time you feel you have spent waiting for help from Customer Service…?
– How would you as an individual feel if you had made what you felt was a valid complaint, and the organization/company dismissed it as being of no concern and not worth sorting out?
– Considering a small independently-owned business and large company that both provide excellent Customer Service – which type of company are you willing to spend more with?
– Good Customer Service at a fast food drive through window is fairly easy to visualize. but what about good Customer Service in our organization?
– Do you bypass the system and work around the unhelpful person in order to get the job done?
– How does mystery shopping help us improve our Customer Service and experience?
– What awards has Customer Service in our organization been presented?
– How do we know if we are measuring or meeting our customer s needs?
– CRM and Customer Service: Strategic Asset or Corporate Overhead?
– Do we Bring energy and enthusiasm to every customer encounter?
– Do we respond appropriately to Customer Service complaints?
– Do we include enough information without over-explaining?
– How does your organization categorise its customers?
– Are our messages friendly and respectful?
– How do you think your customers see you?
– What Do Customers Need?
– Scripting: what is it?
Device driver Critical Criteria:
Confer re Device driver engagements and improve Device driver service perception.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Technical support process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Technical support process available?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Technical support is underway?
Google Book Search Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Google Book Search strategies and intervene in Google Book Search processes and leadership.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Technical support leaders?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Technical support processes?
– Are we Assessing Technical support and Risk?
Hard disk Critical Criteria:
Meet over Hard disk outcomes and innovate what needs to be done with Hard disk.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Technical support product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Do Technical support rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– Can we do Technical support without complex (expensive) analysis?
Help desk Critical Criteria:
Model after Help desk tactics and revise understanding of Help desk architectures.
– The offeror will describe its service levels for fixes, help desk, etc. will it reduce its fees if the service levels are not met?
– Expose its policy engine via web services for use by third-party systems (e.g. provisioning, help desk solutions)?
– Complement identity management and help desk solutions with closedloop import and export?
– What features of the current help desk service management tool are being used?
– How has the current help desk service management tool been customized?
– Do we know the number of password problem help desk calls per month?
– What is the current help desk service management tool and version?
– What are the barriers to increased Technical support production?
– Are accountability and ownership for Technical support clearly defined?
– Help desk password resets easily measured (specific number?
– How will the offeror provide support through the help desk?
– Number of password problem help desk calls per month?
– How does the help desk authenticate callers?
– Is Technical support Required?
Internet forum Critical Criteria:
X-ray Internet forum outcomes and intervene in Internet forum processes and leadership.
– Consider your own Technical support project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– For your Technical support project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Is the scope of Technical support defined?
Journal of Software Maintenance and Evolution Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Journal of Software Maintenance and Evolution outcomes and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Journal of Software Maintenance and Evolution services.
Knowledge base Critical Criteria:
Jump start Knowledge base visions and correct better engagement with Knowledge base results.
– Do we support the certified Cybersecurity professional and cyber-informed operations and engineering professionals with advanced problem-solving tools, communities of practice, canonical knowledge bases, and other performance support tools?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Technical support process?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Technical support effort?
– Can specialized social networks replace learning management systems?
Live support software Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Live support software tactics and reduce Live support software costs.
– Can we add value to the current Technical support decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Do we all define Technical support in the same way?
Managed services Critical Criteria:
Start Managed services issues and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Managed services is getting what it needs.
– What are the most preferred dedicated or cloud hosting providers giving managed services in their core plans?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Technical support project?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Technical support Management?
– How can you measure Technical support in a systematic way?
– Why choose managed services?
Microsoft Windows Critical Criteria:
Deduce Microsoft Windows governance and define Microsoft Windows competency-based leadership.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Technical support strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Why should we adopt a Technical support framework?
Mobile phone Critical Criteria:
Steer Mobile phone visions and finalize the present value of growth of Mobile phone.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Technical support in a volatile global economy?
Mobile phones Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Mobile phones planning and look at it backwards.
– How to deal with Technical support Changes?
Personal computer Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Personal computer planning and innovate what needs to be done with Personal computer.
– Is maximizing Technical support protection the same as minimizing Technical support loss?
– How do we manage Technical support Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Does Technical support appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Physical layer Critical Criteria:
Trace Physical layer decisions and define Physical layer competency-based leadership.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Technical support values?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Technical support opportunities costing us money?
– What is Data Security at Physical Layer?
Power user Critical Criteria:
Infer Power user results and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– In the case of a Technical support project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Technical support project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Technical support project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Does Technical support analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Prentice Hall Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Prentice Hall issues and define Prentice Hall competency-based leadership.
– Why are Technical support skills important?
Project management Critical Criteria:
Discourse Project management strategies and work towards be a leading Project management expert.
– First iteration. The plan for the team is then a list of prioritized features, and who is to perform the tasks of developing the features is decided on during the iteration. What is important in the kick-off meeting to enable feedback and learning?
– How can a company arrange a new project if the management does not know when they will finish the current projects and when the employees will be free to take on a new project?
– Can we say that the traditional project team is not self-organized, no matter how complex the project is, and what level of team we are discussing?
– Are there process theory explanations for differentiating better from less successful ways to implement agile techniques?
– How much effort and investment in time and resources will be required to develop new tools, templates and processes?
– Exactly how does one go about adapting the agile project management model for collocated teams to virtual ones?
– So, if the project no longer needs a detailed master project plan, why does it need a project manager?
– So, if the project no longer needs a detailed master project plan, why does it need a project manager?
– Why would anyone want to discard the benefits of collocated teams?
– Can Agility Work With a Waterfall Project Management Process in our Setting?
– How do we create a culture that supports project management?
– What work wouldnt get done if no more funds were added?
– So, how does the agile project management model work?
– Can scrum do the same for globally distributed teams?
– What about when our context is not so simple?
– What is agile project management?
– What is the cost of change?
– Needs project management?
– When does a project begin and end?
Remote desktop Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Remote desktop leadership and oversee implementation of Remote desktop.
– Which statement is true about remote desktop services (rds)?
– What are the short and long-term Technical support goals?
Service Level Agreement Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Service Level Agreement tasks and develop and take control of the Service Level Agreement initiative.
– Do you really care about the Service Level Agreement sla of your underlying cloud platform paas or iaas?
– How will the SLA be terminated if either party wants to terminate either for cause or for convenience?
– Are the contracts with vendors current, and does it include and appropriate Service Level Agreements?
– What kinds of applications are expected or legally required to offer a sla Service Level Agreement?
– What are some examples of Service Level Agreements used by saas companies and or products?
– What are the hours of operation (regular business hours and after hours support)?
– Does the provider offer any form of Service Level Agreement (SLA) guarantees?
– What are the costs to the business customer for the service?
– When will regularly scheduled maintenance be performed?
– Is a Service Level Agreement (sla) available?
– What is the problem escalation process?
– Do any copies need to be off-site?
– How will the service be delivered?
– When will the SLA be reviewed?
– How will service be delivered?
– How many copies are required?
– Why collaborative management?
– How do I write an SLA?
– What is Out of Scope?
– What is In Scope?
Social engineering Critical Criteria:
Detail Social engineering adoptions and look at it backwards.
– Will our employees allow someone to tailgate into our facilities or will they give out their credentials to an attacker via social engineering methods?
– Do the Technical support decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– What are current Technical support Paradigms?
Software applications Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Software applications planning and learn.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Technical support agendas for the next 3 years?
– How do we know that any Technical support analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Technical support scam Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Technical support scam adoptions and catalog Technical support scam activities.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Technical support objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– How can you negotiate Technical support successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
Windows Registry Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Windows Registry quality and mentor Windows Registry customer orientation.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Technical support?
– What is our formula for success in Technical support ?
World Wide Web Critical Criteria:
Detail World Wide Web tactics and triple focus on important concepts of World Wide Web relationship management.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Technical support ?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Technical support Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Technical support External links:
Life Fitness Technical Support – Welcome
Symantec Enterprise Technical Support
QIES Technical Support Office – Welcome
Call center External links:
WorkforceScheduling.com – call center workforce …
National Call Center for Homeless Veterans – Homeless Veterans
SunPass Call Center Hours of Operation
Cold caller External links:
Cold Caller/Lead Generator 4 Hire (B2B) – resumes / …
http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org › resumes › resumes / job wanted
Cold Caller, Alternative Legal Career Jobs in …
The World’s Greatest Cold Caller – Kraig Kleeman
Computer virus External links:
[PPT]Computer Virus – University of Nebraska–Lincoln
Free computer viruses Essays and Papers – 123HelpMe
Don’t fall for this computer virus scam! – May. 12, 2017
Customer service External links:
Customer Service – Insurance from AIG in the US
Customer Service Center – Washington Gas eService …
ODJFS | Child Support Customer Service Portal
Device driver External links:
What Is a Device Driver? – Lifewire
Graphics device driver error code 43 – support.microsoft.com
Lenovo ACPI device driver for Windows 7, XP – …
Google Book Search External links:
Balkinization: Google Book Search Settlement
The Google Book Search Settlement – The Internet: …
Google Book Search Program – Dog Ear Publishing
Hard disk External links:
SMART Hard Disk Error | HP® Customer Support – HP …
Hard Disk Sentinel monitors and tests the health of your computer’s hard disks. Although casual users may find some of the information helpful, this tool is
Check your hard disk for errors in Windows 7
Help desk External links:
ND University System Help Desk | NDUS CTS
Help Desk – Helpdesk Software Login
Internet forum External links:
Acheter Cialis Internet Forum | DXSpharmacy
Acheter Cialis Internet Forum | CheckPrice
Vietnam Internet Forum – Official Site
Journal of Software Maintenance and Evolution External links:
Journal of Software Maintenance and Evolution
Knowledge base External links:
Indiana University – IU Knowledge Base
National University Knowledge Base
Carbonite Support Knowledge Base
Live support software External links:
Free Live Chat for Website | Live Support Software | …
Chatstack – Live Chat Software, Live Support Software, …
Live Chat | Live Support Software | ClickDesk
Managed services External links:
IT Managed Services Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
BitTitan – Managed Services Automation
Microsoft Windows External links:
Creating a Password Reset Disk in Microsoft Windows …
Mobile phone External links:
Mobile Banking | Mobile Phone Banking | U.S. Bank
File a Phone Insurance Claim for Your T-Mobile Phone
See shopping results for mobile phone
Mobile phones External links:
FreeflyVR is a Virtual Reality headset for mobile phones
LYF SMARTPHONE+ : True 4G LYF Mobile Phones, Now in India @LYF
Cell Phones, Mobile Phones & Wireless Calling Plans …
Personal computer External links:
HP Personal Computer Startup & No-Boot | HP® …
Association of Personal Computer User Groups
Personal Computer | Definition of Personal Computer …
Physical layer External links:
What is the Physical Layer? – Definition from Techopedia
Physical layer iso osi – highteck.net
ComSoc Webcast: Understanding the 5G NR Physical Layer
Power user External links:
WOW! Ultra is designed for the discriminating power user.
Power User Menu – Windows 10 and Microsoft News, …
What Is the Power User Menu? (WIN+X Menu Definition)
Prentice Hall External links:
Prentice Hall Nurse’s Drug Guide – Rob Holland’s …
Project management External links:
LearnSmart IT & Project Management Online Training …
Certifications | Project Management Institute
Remote desktop External links:
Ammyy Admin – Free Remote Desktop Sharing and …
How to Force Remote Desktop Services on Windows 7 …
TeamViewer Windows Download for Remote Desktop …
Service Level Agreement External links:
[PDF]Service Level Agreement (SLA) Frequently Asked …
What is a Service Level Agreement? | Palo Alto Networks
[PDF]Standard Service Level Agreement Form
Social engineering External links:
Phishing Simulation Software For Social Engineering …
The Official Social Engineering Portal – Security …
The Most Common Social Engineering Attacks
Software applications External links:
Airport Deicing Software Applications
CRMfusion Salesforce Data Quality Software Applications
AltSource | Custom Business Software Applications
Technical support scam External links:
Microsoft Support: Report a technical support scam – …
Windows Registry External links:
How do I open and edit the Windows Registry – Comput…
Windows Registry, Everything You Need To Know
Windows Registry (What It Is and How To Use It)
World Wide Web External links:
World Wide Web Consortium – Official Site
IIS World Wide Web Publishing Service (W3SVC)
World Wide Web Foundation – Official Site