What is involved in VoIP
Find out what the related areas are that VoIP connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a VoIP thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its VoIP journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward VoIP leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which VoIP related domains to cover and 148 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
VoIP, Asynchronous conferencing, Electronic mailing list, Nuisance call, Comparison of audio network protocols, Uniform Resource Identifier, Flag semaphore, Comparison of VoIP software, Cellular network, Communications satellite, Raptor code, Transmission Control Protocol, National Science Foundation Network, Fountain code, Telephone exchange, Optical fiber, Optical communication, Cable television, Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers, Gaussian random variable, Data conferencing, Internet Relay Chat, Quality of Service, Telecommunications link, Land line, Mass media, Opportunistic encryption, National Science Foundation, Misdialed call, IEEE 802.1p, Network address translator, Virtual private network, Internet fax, Telephone newspaper, Telephone call, Next-generation network, Least Cost Routing, Impedance matching, Federal Communications Commission, Real-time Transport Protocol, Open source software, Missed call, Web conferencing, Network router, Web-based VoIP, Online chat, Mobile phone signal, SIP Trunking, Local number portability, Circuit-switched network, Session Initiation Protocol, Voice engine, The Telephone Cases, Smoke signal, Mobile number portability, Type 1 encryption, Innocenzo Manzetti:
VoIP Critical Criteria:
Pilot VoIP tactics and oversee VoIP management by competencies.
– If voip is classified as a telecommunications service, should access charges for it be different from those paid by non-ip-enabled telecommunications service providers?
– Operators already suffered pain when skype was launched. should they face the challenge head on or stick to restrictions on voip services?
– What should the ntc do to facilitate interconnection between ip-based and circuitbased networks, and ensure technical compatibility?
– Will operators become pure pipe providers or be able to control their resources and create proper value?
– Does your company list your mutual aid contact in the niif company specific contact directory?
– Should access to broadband services by residential or business consumers be subsidized?
– Does your company have a copy of this niif company specific contact directory?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic VoIP objectives?
– At this time, should the ntc issue rules and/or guidelines for voip?
– Does your company have plans for disaster preparedness & recovery?
– In the case of voip, is there such a thing as a dominant player?
– Does your company have in place an emergency preparedness plan?
– Voip – telecommunications or value added service?
– Why are investors so optimistic about facebook?
– And what about the next new technology?
– How can this treasure be mined?
– Do you have VoIP implemented?
– Text communication encrypted?
– What will drive VoIP change?
– Who benefits from voip?
Asynchronous conferencing Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Asynchronous conferencing outcomes and acquire concise Asynchronous conferencing education.
– How do we Improve VoIP service perception, and satisfaction?
– How do we maintain VoIPs Integrity?
Electronic mailing list Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Electronic mailing list tactics and grade techniques for implementing Electronic mailing list controls.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your VoIP processes?
– For your VoIP project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– What business benefits will VoIP goals deliver if achieved?
Nuisance call Critical Criteria:
Examine Nuisance call results and plan concise Nuisance call education.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new VoIP in a volatile global economy?
– Why should we adopt a VoIP framework?
– What threat is VoIP addressing?
Comparison of audio network protocols Critical Criteria:
Recall Comparison of audio network protocols adoptions and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Comparison of audio network protocols is getting what it needs.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for VoIP strengthening and reform actually originate?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of VoIP into the services that we provide?
– How do we know that any VoIP analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Uniform Resource Identifier Critical Criteria:
Match Uniform Resource Identifier failures and track iterative Uniform Resource Identifier results.
– Think about the people you identified for your VoIP project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– How would one define VoIP leadership?
Flag semaphore Critical Criteria:
Track Flag semaphore tasks and intervene in Flag semaphore processes and leadership.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a VoIP process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the VoIP process available?
– How can we improve VoIP?
Comparison of VoIP software Critical Criteria:
Coach on Comparison of VoIP software governance and gather Comparison of VoIP software models .
– Which customers cant participate in our VoIP domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– How will you know that the VoIP project has been successful?
– Have you identified your VoIP key performance indicators?
Cellular network Critical Criteria:
Define Cellular network tasks and observe effective Cellular network.
– Does VoIP analysis show the relationships among important VoIP factors?
– Are we Assessing VoIP and Risk?
Communications satellite Critical Criteria:
Analyze Communications satellite outcomes and integrate design thinking in Communications satellite innovation.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing VoIP?
– How do we Identify specific VoIP investment and emerging trends?
Raptor code Critical Criteria:
Generalize Raptor code tasks and integrate design thinking in Raptor code innovation.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a VoIP project?
– Which VoIP goals are the most important?
Transmission Control Protocol Critical Criteria:
Study Transmission Control Protocol goals and find out what it really means.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding VoIP?
– Among the VoIP product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Who will provide the final approval of VoIP deliverables?
National Science Foundation Network Critical Criteria:
Look at National Science Foundation Network tasks and create a map for yourself.
– What are the Key enablers to make this VoIP move?
Fountain code Critical Criteria:
Map Fountain code risks and interpret which customers can’t participate in Fountain code because they lack skills.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these VoIP processes?
– Is a VoIP Team Work effort in place?
Telephone exchange Critical Criteria:
See the value of Telephone exchange goals and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Telephone exchange.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to VoIP? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this VoIP process?
Optical fiber Critical Criteria:
Consider Optical fiber tactics and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Optical fiber.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving VoIP forward?
– Does VoIP analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– What are all of our VoIP domains and what do they do?
Optical communication Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Optical communication leadership and shift your focus.
– How can skill-level changes improve VoIP?
Cable television Critical Criteria:
Study Cable television decisions and intervene in Cable television processes and leadership.
– In a project to restructure VoIP outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting VoIP with what users do day-to-day?
– Who sets the VoIP standards?
Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers engagements and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers services.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which VoIP models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to VoIP?
Gaussian random variable Critical Criteria:
Review Gaussian random variable leadership and perfect Gaussian random variable conflict management.
– How likely is the current VoIP plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– When a VoIP manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– How to deal with VoIP Changes?
Data conferencing Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Data conferencing projects and define what our big hairy audacious Data conferencing goal is.
– How do we manage VoIP Knowledge Management (KM)?
– What about VoIP Analysis of results?
Internet Relay Chat Critical Criteria:
Group Internet Relay Chat engagements and question.
– What are our needs in relation to VoIP skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good VoIP project manager?
– How do we keep improving VoIP?
Quality of Service Critical Criteria:
Value Quality of Service projects and create a map for yourself.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing VoIP? There might be some that are less obvious?
– What level of service or quality of service should the customer expect?
– Will VoIP deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– Is the Quality of Service met?
– Quality of Service Met?
– Is our Quality of Service Met?
– Is the Quality of Service met?
Telecommunications link Critical Criteria:
Chat re Telecommunications link issues and budget for Telecommunications link challenges.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective VoIP leader?
– Do we monitor the VoIP decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
Land line Critical Criteria:
Adapt Land line governance and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Land line.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a VoIP study?
Mass media Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Mass media risks and find the essential reading for Mass media researchers.
– What are the key elements of your VoIP performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Will any of the planned events or research findings provide a human interest story for mass media?
Opportunistic encryption Critical Criteria:
Face Opportunistic encryption tactics and mentor Opportunistic encryption customer orientation.
– Are there VoIP Models?
National Science Foundation Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize National Science Foundation risks and triple focus on important concepts of National Science Foundation relationship management.
– How can you measure VoIP in a systematic way?
Misdialed call Critical Criteria:
Mine Misdialed call projects and explain and analyze the challenges of Misdialed call.
IEEE 802.1p Critical Criteria:
Adapt IEEE 802.1p planning and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging IEEE 802.1p.
– Do the VoIP decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– What vendors make products that address the VoIP needs?
Network address translator Critical Criteria:
Map Network address translator adoptions and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Network address translator is getting what it needs.
– Can we add value to the current VoIP decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
Virtual private network Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Virtual private network outcomes and mentor Virtual private network customer orientation.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the VoIP process?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the VoIP requirements in detail?
– Can we do VoIP without complex (expensive) analysis?
Internet fax Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Internet fax management and separate what are the business goals Internet fax is aiming to achieve.
– What are our VoIP Processes?
Telephone newspaper Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Telephone newspaper visions and budget for Telephone newspaper challenges.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your VoIP strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– How can the value of VoIP be defined?
Telephone call Critical Criteria:
Group Telephone call planning and get going.
– What are the Essentials of Internal VoIP Management?
Next-generation network Critical Criteria:
Read up on Next-generation network adoptions and innovate what needs to be done with Next-generation network.
– Consider your own VoIP project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– What is our formula for success in VoIP ?
Least Cost Routing Critical Criteria:
Grasp Least Cost Routing quality and improve Least Cost Routing service perception.
– What are the disruptive VoIP technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of VoIP that make it risky?
– How do we Lead with VoIP in Mind?
Impedance matching Critical Criteria:
Examine Impedance matching issues and report on the economics of relationships managing Impedance matching and constraints.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the VoIP process?
Federal Communications Commission Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Federal Communications Commission tasks and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Federal Communications Commission.
– In what ways are VoIP vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– How do mission and objectives affect the VoIP processes of our organization?
Real-time Transport Protocol Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Real-time Transport Protocol adoptions and sort Real-time Transport Protocol activities.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that VoIP objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
Open source software Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Open source software adoptions and sort Open source software activities.
– Is open source software development faster, better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– Vetter, Infectious Open Source Software: Spreading Incentives or Promoting Resistance?
– Is VoIP dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Is open source software development essentially an agile method?
Missed call Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Missed call issues and optimize Missed call leadership as a key to advancement.
Web conferencing Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Web conferencing governance and catalog what business benefits will Web conferencing goals deliver if achieved.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as VoIP leaders?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of VoIP?
Network router Critical Criteria:
Mix Network router goals and gather practices for scaling Network router.
– How is the value delivered by VoIP being measured?
– Are there recognized VoIP problems?
Web-based VoIP Critical Criteria:
Guard Web-based VoIP failures and define what our big hairy audacious Web-based VoIP goal is.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate VoIP delivery for example is new software needed?
– What are the usability implications of VoIP actions?
Online chat Critical Criteria:
Face Online chat engagements and define what our big hairy audacious Online chat goal is.
– What kinds of support services (e.g., via e-mail, phone calls, online chat) does the provider offer to its customers and in which languages?
– What alternatives do the vendors offer for contacting technical support (e.g., email, telephone, online chat, and web-based reporting)?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether VoIP goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Are accountability and ownership for VoIP clearly defined?
Mobile phone signal Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Mobile phone signal issues and catalog what business benefits will Mobile phone signal goals deliver if achieved.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of VoIP moving forward?
– Is VoIP Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
SIP Trunking Critical Criteria:
Systematize SIP Trunking decisions and work towards be a leading SIP Trunking expert.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once VoIP is underway?
Local number portability Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Local number portability results and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Local number portability is getting what it needs.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if VoIP does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Are there VoIP problems defined?
Circuit-switched network Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Circuit-switched network leadership and report on setting up Circuit-switched network without losing ground.
– Does VoIP appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Session Initiation Protocol Critical Criteria:
Debate over Session Initiation Protocol results and sort Session Initiation Protocol activities.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent VoIP services/products?
– Is VoIP Required?
Voice engine Critical Criteria:
Merge Voice engine planning and pioneer acquisition of Voice engine systems.
The Telephone Cases Critical Criteria:
Nurse The Telephone Cases leadership and create The Telephone Cases explanations for all managers.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its VoIP processes?
Smoke signal Critical Criteria:
Confer re Smoke signal tactics and define what do we need to start doing with Smoke signal.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with VoIP ?
– To what extent does management recognize VoIP as a tool to increase the results?
Mobile number portability Critical Criteria:
Confer over Mobile number portability leadership and perfect Mobile number portability conflict management.
– Will VoIP have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– What potential environmental factors impact the VoIP effort?
Type 1 encryption Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Type 1 encryption planning and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Type 1 encryption projects.
– How do your measurements capture actionable VoIP information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
Innocenzo Manzetti Critical Criteria:
Mine Innocenzo Manzetti issues and track iterative Innocenzo Manzetti results.
– In the case of a VoIP project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a VoIP project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any VoIP project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the VoIP Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
VoIP External links:
VoIP Calling | How Voice Over Internet Protocol Works
Control Center : VoIP Portal
Electronic mailing list External links:
Electronic Mailing List Subscription Form
DOR Electronic Mailing List Confirmation
Electronic Mailing List Subscriptions
Nuisance call External links:
Nuisance Call financial definition of Nuisance Call
Nov 17, 2017 · Scam or nuisance call troubles? Identify, block & report them with TPS Protect.
ShoreTel Nuisance Call Handler – CDW.com
http://www.cdw.com › … › PBX/Multi-User Telephony Systems › PBX Software
Uniform Resource Identifier External links:
Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) Schemes
Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) list – 3GPP
Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) Schemes
Flag semaphore External links:
flag semaphore Archives — Mimi BerlinMimi Berlin
Flag Semaphore – Symbols.com
Flag Semaphore Signals Quiz – By marmagold – Sporcle
Comparison of VoIP software External links:
Comparison of VoIP software（VoIP软件比较） – CSDN博客
Comparison of VoIP software – Revolvy
https://www.revolvy.com/main/index.php?s=Comparison of VoIP software
Communications satellite External links:
The Angosat-1 communications satellite – Anatoly Zak
Raptor code External links:
http://In computer science, raptor codes (rapid tornado; see Tornado codes) are the first known class of fountain codes with linear time encoding and decoding. They were invented by Amin Shokrollahi in 2000/2001 and were first published in 2004 as an extended abstract.
Raptor Code Generator – Download
[PDF]Personal video delivery with rapid Raptor code decoder
Transmission Control Protocol External links:
TCP/IP Transport Layer, Transmission Control Protocol, …
National Science Foundation Network External links:
NSFNET — National Science Foundation Network
National Science Foundation Network (NSFNET) – HPWREN
What is NSFNET (National Science Foundation Network)?
Fountain code External links:
Coin Fountain code | ourWorld New Updates
Telephone exchange External links:
Business Telephone eXchange – Home
Optical fiber External links:
Corning to expand NC optical fiber plants :: WRAL.com
Cable television External links:
Cable Television – Truvista
Business Cable Television Services | Cox Business
| Cable Television
Gaussian random variable External links:
What is Gaussian Random Variable? – Quora
Data conferencing External links:
[PDF]DATA CONFERENCING CAPABILITIES – …
Internet Relay Chat External links:
Internet Relay Chat! (Announcements, Support, QDB)
How to Use IRC (Internet Relay Chat): 5 Steps – Instructables
Internet Relay Chat
http://Internet Relay Chat (IRC) is an application layer protocol that facilitates the transfer of messages in the form of text. The chat process works on a client/server networking model. IRC clients are computer programs that a user can install on their system. These clients communicate with chat servers to transfer messages to other clients.
Quality of Service External links:
Guaranteed High Quality of Service for Business …
Nashville Event Security – Unparalleled Quality of Service
Quality of Service (QoS) | Vonage Business
Telecommunications link External links:
[PDF]Telecommunications Link: Traffic Systems …
[PDF]DSN Telecommunications Link Design Handbook
Mass media External links:
Ch. 10 Mass Media (AP Gov) Flashcards | Quizlet
Radio – Mass Media
Digital Mass Media – Hawkeye Community College
Opportunistic encryption External links:
Disable Opportunistic Encryption (recipient-based …
National Science Foundation External links:
National Science Foundation – Visit Alexandria VA
NSF – National Science Foundation
IEEE 802.1p External links:
IEEE 802.1p/Q – downloads.avaya.com
TRENDnet | TEG-240WS | IEEE 802.1p Default Priority
IEEE 802.1p | Article about IEEE 802.1p by The Free Dictionary
Network address translator External links:
IP Network Address Translator (NAT)
Network Address Translator – technet.microsoft.com
Virtual private network External links:
CWRU [U]Tech Virtual Private Network
Virtual Private Network (VPN) – Northeastern ITS
Internet fax External links:
Internet Fax Service Log In – MetroFax
HIPAA Compliant Fax | Secure Internet Fax | Sfax – Scrypt
eFax Corporate® | The World’s Leading Internet Fax Service
Telephone newspaper External links:
Cannelton Telephone Newspaper Archives | …
Sylvania Telephone Newspaper – Home | Facebook
Telephone call External links:
Telephone Call Centers Industry Profile from First Research
First Transatlantic Telephone Call – HISTORY.com Audio
[PDF]I-162 Attorney/Offender Telephone Call Application
Least Cost Routing External links:
Least Cost Routing – ATL Communications
Least Cost Routing | Union Tel
Impedance matching External links:
Impedance Matching Pads – Mini-Circuits
Speaker Impedance Matching (Connecting Multiple …
Buy Kopul LMT100 – Low to High Impedance Matching Transformer (1.5′) featuring Standard XLR to 1/8″, For Mono Microphones. Review Kopul
Federal Communications Commission External links:
Data | Federal Communications Commission
Federal Communications Commission – Home | Facebook
[PDF]FCC Form 159 – Federal Communications Commission
Real-time Transport Protocol External links:
Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) Parameters
Display Filter Reference: Real-Time Transport Protocol
Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) Parameters
Open source software External links:
Cnc Simple | Open Source Software for easy cnc programming
Missed call External links:
One Missed Call (2008) – IMDb
Web conferencing External links:
Web Conferencing Solution | Blackboard
Collaboration & web conferencing | Blackboard
Network router External links:
SimpleWAN – All-In-One SD-WAN, Network Router & …
Changing the Default Password on a Network Router – Lifewire
Free Shipping. Buy 300Mbps Wireless-N Range Extender WiFi Repeater Signal Booster 802.11n/b/g Network Router at Walmart.com
Online chat External links:
Mammoth Mountain Official Online Chat | Mammoth Resorts
Free Online Chat Rooms – Wireclub
Contact HP – Online chat options | HP® Official Site
Mobile phone signal External links:
Mobile Phone Signal Booster | Best Signal Boosters in Ireland
Mobile Phone Signal Booster | Best Signal Boosters in UK
15 Best Mobile Phone Signal Boosters for Business Users
SIP Trunking External links:
nexVortex | Uncommon Cloud Communications | SIP Trunking
SIP Trunking | Self Service SIP Provider
Hosted PBX | SIP Trunking | Cloud Phone Service
Local number portability External links:
Local Number Portability (LNP) Check – Callcentric
CenturyLink | Wholesale | Local Number Portability (LNP)
Session Initiation Protocol External links:
SIP Trunking | Session Initiation Protocol | ShoreTel
Voice engine External links:
Advisory Board – Customer Voice Engine – SlapFive
How Does Voice Engine Optimization Work? – Entrepreneur
The Telephone Cases External links:
The Telephone Cases – YouTube
Smoke signal External links:
Smoke Signal Grass | Buy Ornamental Grass at Michigan Bulb
Staff – The Smoke Signal
Healing Smoke Signal Gems – Home | Facebook
Mobile number portability External links:
mobile number portability (MNP) – WhatIs.com
How to do mobile number portability – Quora
Mobile number portability in Europe – ScienceDirect
Innocenzo Manzetti External links:
Innocenzo Manzetti (@I_Manzetti) | Twitter
Voyager – Innocenzo Manzetti – YouTube