What is involved in Image Science
Find out what the related areas are that Image Science connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Image Science thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Image Science journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Image Science leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Image Science related domains to cover and 137 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Image Science, User interface, Jock D. Mackinlay, Spatial analysis, Silver halide, Visual perception, Scientific modelling, Visual analytics, Volume cartography, Astronomical imaging, Visual culture, Molecular graphics, Flow visualization, Technical drawing, Electrical engineering, Radar imaging, Image processing, Image Science, Information science, Perceptual psychology, Medical imaging, Crime mapping, Statistical graphics, Misleading graph, Mechanical energy, Technical illustration, User interface design, Miriah Meyer, Volume rendering, Digital photography, Photoacoustic imaging in biomedicine, Thermal imaging, Digital image restoration, Graphic design, Computer science, Imaging science, Society for Imaging Science and Technology, Electromagnetic energy, Hanspeter Pfister, Data visualization, Graph drawing, Graph of a function, Software visualization, Computer graphics, Bang Wong, Remote sensing, Biological data visualization, Graphic organizer, Atmospheric optics, Information visualization, Magnetic resonance imaging, Kluwer Academic, Digital imaging, Mathematical diagram, 3D computer graphics, Adolphe Quetelet, Human eye, Ade Olufeko:
Image Science Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Image Science issues and mentor Image Science customer orientation.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Image Science delivery for example is new software needed?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Image Science forward?
– What will drive Image Science change?
User interface Critical Criteria:
Read up on User interface tactics and separate what are the business goals User interface is aiming to achieve.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Image Science, including any consulting or professional services?
– Does Image Science systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– What if we substitute prototyping for user interface screens on paper?
– How will you know that the Image Science project has been successful?
– Does a User interface survey show which search ui is better ?
Jock D. Mackinlay Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Jock D. Mackinlay strategies and find out.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Image Science that make it risky?
– Have you identified your Image Science key performance indicators?
– Do we have past Image Science Successes?
Spatial analysis Critical Criteria:
Audit Spatial analysis management and change contexts.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Image Science values?
– Which Image Science goals are the most important?
– Are we Assessing Image Science and Risk?
Silver halide Critical Criteria:
Guide Silver halide risks and observe effective Silver halide.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Image Science processes?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Image Science move?
– Are there recognized Image Science problems?
Visual perception Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Visual perception management and create Visual perception explanations for all managers.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Image Science?
– How can the value of Image Science be defined?
Scientific modelling Critical Criteria:
Consider Scientific modelling adoptions and slay a dragon.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Image Science strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Who sets the Image Science standards?
Visual analytics Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Visual analytics issues and probe the present value of growth of Visual analytics.
– What is the source of the strategies for Image Science strengthening and reform?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Image Science project?
Volume cartography Critical Criteria:
Dissect Volume cartography tasks and explain and analyze the challenges of Volume cartography.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Image Science project?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Image Science requirements in detail?
– How can we improve Image Science?
Astronomical imaging Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Astronomical imaging planning and define what our big hairy audacious Astronomical imaging goal is.
– Consider your own Image Science project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
Visual culture Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Visual culture governance and look at the big picture.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Image Science models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– How can skill-level changes improve Image Science?
Molecular graphics Critical Criteria:
Generalize Molecular graphics adoptions and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Image Science. How do we gain traction?
– Do we monitor the Image Science decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Is the scope of Image Science defined?
Flow visualization Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Flow visualization tasks and achieve a single Flow visualization view and bringing data together.
– what is the best design framework for Image Science organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– What are our Image Science Processes?
– How to Secure Image Science?
Technical drawing Critical Criteria:
Devise Technical drawing failures and pay attention to the small things.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Image Science moving forward?
– What are internal and external Image Science relations?
– Are there Image Science problems defined?
Electrical engineering Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Electrical engineering tactics and prioritize challenges of Electrical engineering.
– What potential environmental factors impact the Image Science effort?
Radar imaging Critical Criteria:
Match Radar imaging planning and research ways can we become the Radar imaging company that would put us out of business.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Image Science process?
– How will you measure your Image Science effectiveness?
– Why is Image Science important for you now?
Image processing Critical Criteria:
Study Image processing tasks and question.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Image Science process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Image Science process available?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Image Science is underway?
Image Science Critical Criteria:
Merge Image Science adoptions and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Image Science objectives?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Image Science processes?
– Are accountability and ownership for Image Science clearly defined?
Information science Critical Criteria:
Read up on Information science tactics and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Information science is getting what it needs.
– How do we go about Comparing Image Science approaches/solutions?
– How would one define Image Science leadership?
Perceptual psychology Critical Criteria:
Shape Perceptual psychology tasks and shift your focus.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Image Science workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Image Science? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– How do we Identify specific Image Science investment and emerging trends?
Medical imaging Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Medical imaging failures and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Medical imaging.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Image Science processes?
– How do we measure improved Image Science service perception, and satisfaction?
Crime mapping Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Crime mapping visions and integrate design thinking in Crime mapping innovation.
– Is the Image Science organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– What are the long-term Image Science goals?
Statistical graphics Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Statistical graphics decisions and cater for concise Statistical graphics education.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Image Science strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– How do your measurements capture actionable Image Science information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Do we all define Image Science in the same way?
Misleading graph Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Misleading graph tactics and don’t overlook the obvious.
– How can you measure Image Science in a systematic way?
Mechanical energy Critical Criteria:
Depict Mechanical energy issues and handle a jump-start course to Mechanical energy.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Image Science in a volatile global economy?
– Is Supporting Image Science documentation required?
Technical illustration Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Technical illustration results and gather Technical illustration models .
– What are the barriers to increased Image Science production?
User interface design Critical Criteria:
Model after User interface design quality and get going.
– What are the disruptive Image Science technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Have all basic functions of Image Science been defined?
Miriah Meyer Critical Criteria:
Adapt Miriah Meyer tasks and be persistent.
– Who needs to know about Image Science ?
Volume rendering Critical Criteria:
Examine Volume rendering adoptions and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Image Science leaders?
– What are the short and long-term Image Science goals?
Digital photography Critical Criteria:
Study Digital photography tasks and oversee implementation of Digital photography.
– Do those selected for the Image Science team have a good general understanding of what Image Science is all about?
– How to deal with Image Science Changes?
Photoacoustic imaging in biomedicine Critical Criteria:
Depict Photoacoustic imaging in biomedicine management and devote time assessing Photoacoustic imaging in biomedicine and its risk.
– Does Image Science include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
Thermal imaging Critical Criteria:
Dissect Thermal imaging tactics and track iterative Thermal imaging results.
– What is our formula for success in Image Science ?
Digital image restoration Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Digital image restoration projects and drive action.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Image Science is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
Graphic design Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Graphic design risks and maintain Graphic design for success.
– Will Image Science have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Is Image Science dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Computer science Critical Criteria:
Deduce Computer science leadership and achieve a single Computer science view and bringing data together.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Image Science with what users do day-to-day?
– How do we manage Image Science Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Why are Image Science skills important?
Imaging science Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Imaging science adoptions and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Imaging science decisions.
Society for Imaging Science and Technology Critical Criteria:
Add value to Society for Imaging Science and Technology governance and differentiate in coordinating Society for Imaging Science and Technology.
– Is Image Science Required?
Electromagnetic energy Critical Criteria:
Discourse Electromagnetic energy strategies and tour deciding if Electromagnetic energy progress is made.
– Does the Image Science task fit the clients priorities?
Hanspeter Pfister Critical Criteria:
Mine Hanspeter Pfister results and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Hanspeter Pfister information.
– What are the business goals Image Science is aiming to achieve?
– How do we keep improving Image Science?
Data visualization Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Data visualization projects and ask questions.
– What are the best places schools to study data visualization information design or information architecture?
– What business benefits will Image Science goals deliver if achieved?
Graph drawing Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Graph drawing goals and report on setting up Graph drawing without losing ground.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Image Science process?
– What about Image Science Analysis of results?
Graph of a function Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Graph of a function engagements and find answers.
– Does Image Science analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– How much does Image Science help?
Software visualization Critical Criteria:
Grade Software visualization management and budget for Software visualization challenges.
– Why should we adopt a Image Science framework?
Computer graphics Critical Criteria:
Match Computer graphics tactics and report on the economics of relationships managing Computer graphics and constraints.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Image Science study?
Bang Wong Critical Criteria:
Read up on Bang Wong risks and pay attention to the small things.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Image Science agendas for the next 3 years?
Remote sensing Critical Criteria:
Examine Remote sensing failures and do something to it.
Biological data visualization Critical Criteria:
Participate in Biological data visualization engagements and define what our big hairy audacious Biological data visualization goal is.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Image Science product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
Graphic organizer Critical Criteria:
Reason over Graphic organizer results and finalize the present value of growth of Graphic organizer.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Image Science processes of our organization?
– To what extent does management recognize Image Science as a tool to increase the results?
Atmospheric optics Critical Criteria:
Review Atmospheric optics governance and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Atmospheric optics.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Image Science? There might be some that are less obvious?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Image Science activities?
Information visualization Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Information visualization tactics and devise Information visualization key steps.
– Does Image Science analysis show the relationships among important Image Science factors?
Magnetic resonance imaging Critical Criteria:
Gauge Magnetic resonance imaging risks and look at it backwards.
– How important is Image Science to the user organizations mission?
– What are all of our Image Science domains and what do they do?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Image Science Management?
Kluwer Academic Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Kluwer Academic strategies and mentor Kluwer Academic customer orientation.
Digital imaging Critical Criteria:
Check Digital imaging risks and summarize a clear Digital imaging focus.
– What are specific Image Science Rules to follow?
Mathematical diagram Critical Criteria:
Categorize Mathematical diagram governance and find the ideas you already have.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Image Science process?
3D computer graphics Critical Criteria:
Recall 3D computer graphics projects and correct 3D computer graphics management by competencies.
– What are the usability implications of Image Science actions?
Adolphe Quetelet Critical Criteria:
Examine Adolphe Quetelet quality and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Adolphe Quetelet.
– Can we do Image Science without complex (expensive) analysis?
Human eye Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Human eye engagements and pioneer acquisition of Human eye systems.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Image Science leader?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Image Science been identified and analyzed?
Ade Olufeko Critical Criteria:
Consider Ade Olufeko leadership and transcribe Ade Olufeko as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Does Image Science create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Image Science Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Image Science External links:
2018 Image Science Conference GRC – grc.org
Foundations of image science (Book, 2004) [WorldCat.org]
2018 Image Science (GRS) Seminar GRC
User interface External links:
Portal Web Mail User Interface – MyCopper.net
Datatel User Interface 5.3
What is User Interface (UI)? Webopedia Definition
Jock D. Mackinlay External links:
[PDF]Bay-Wei Chang, Jock D. Mackinlay, Polle T. Zellweger
Jock D. Mackinlay – Google Scholar Citations
Spatial analysis External links:
Learn Spatial Analysis | USC Dornsife
Remote Sensing & Spatial Analysis Lab – Home
Silver halide External links:
CiteSeerX — silver halide
Silver Halide | Definition of Silver Halide by Merriam-Webster
SILVER HALIDE PHOTOGRAPHIC MATERIAL. – Free …
Visual perception External links:
VISUAL PERCEPTION – Psychology Dictionary
[PDF]COGS 141: Visual Perception
Culture Visual Perception – AbeBooks
Scientific modelling External links:
Scientific modelling — Science Learning Hub
What is SCIENTIFIC MODELLING? What does …
Roman Frigg (LSE) ‘Scientific Modelling. A Primer’ – YouTube
Volume cartography External links:
Volume cartography – Revolvy
Astronomical imaging External links:
unsharp mask | Astronomical Imaging
Astronomical imaging with infrared array detectors.
Astronomical Imaging and Astronomical Photography
Visual culture External links:
Visual Culture. (eBook) [WorldCat.org]
Molecular graphics External links:
[PDF]Desktop Molecular Graphics Background Essentials
Jan 02, 2018 · Download PyMOL Molecular Graphics System for free. PyMOL is an OpenGL based molecular visualization system. PyMOL is …
Flow visualization External links:
Flow visualization (DVD video, 2009) [WorldCat.org]
[PDF]Flow Visualization Techniques for Flight Research – …
Technical drawing External links:
technical drawing paper sizes in the United States
Technical drawing instruments | STAEDTLER
Ch. 10 Technical Drawing Flashcards | Quizlet
Electrical engineering External links:
Home | Electrical Engineering Online
Computer Science and Electrical Engineering
USC Viterbi | Ming Hsieh Department of Electrical Engineering
Radar imaging External links:
Joshua Braunstein – Owner, Structural Radar Imaging
Image processing External links:
Skycatch: Drone Image Processing Platform
Digital Image Processing – AbeBooks
Project titles on Image Processing – VTUFORUM
Image Science External links:
Foundations of image science (Book, 2004) [WorldCat.org]
2018 Image Science Conference GRC – grc.org
2018 Image Science (GRS) Seminar GRC
Information science External links:
Information Science | College of Media, Communication …
Remote Access | Research Information Science & …
Northeastern University College of Computer and Information Science …
Medical imaging External links:
Touchstone Medical Imaging – Touchstone Medical Imaging
Servant Medical Imaging – Imaging Center Owasso
CDI | National medical imaging network
Crime mapping External links:
Crime Mapping and COMPSTAT – Los Angeles Police Department
Crime Mapping – Grand Rapids, Michigan
Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department – Online Crime Mapping
Statistical graphics External links:
[PDF]Key Words: Outliers; Statistical Graphics
[PDF]183-30: Customizing ODS Statistical Graphics
Ch. 2.4: Statistical graphics Flashcards | Quizlet
Misleading graph External links:
Misleading Graphs | Passy’s World of Mathematics
[PDF]31 Misleading Graphs and Statistics
Misleading Graphs Examples – Math@TutorVista.com
Mechanical energy External links:
Mechanical energy – definition of mechanical energy by …
Mechanical energy | physics | Britannica.com
Mechanical Energy – Physics
Technical illustration External links:
Technical Illustration & Graphic Services – DTB
Performance Design | Technical Illustration
Joe Saputo | Technical Illustration
User interface design External links:
User interface design – ScienceDaily
Filament Group, Inc. | User Interface Design & …
User Interface Design | UCSD Extension
Miriah Meyer External links:
Miriah Meyer | bio
Miriah Meyer at University of Utah – RateMyProfessors.com
Volume rendering External links:
Volume Rendering – VisItusers.org
[PDF]“Volume Rendering & Lossless Metadata with X3D”
Volume Rendering – FREE download Volume Rendering
Digital photography External links:
Digital Photography | Columbus State Community College
Digital Photography Review – Official Site
Photoacoustic imaging in biomedicine External links:
[PDF]Photoacoustic imaging in biomedicine
Photoacoustic imaging in biomedicine: Review of …
Photoacoustic imaging in biomedicine – …
Thermal imaging External links:
WIRIS – Thermal imaging camera for drones
[PDF]Solving electrical problems with thermal imaging
Infrared Cameras for Thermal Imaging | Fluke IR …
Digital image restoration External links:
[PDF]Digital Image Restoration – 126.96.36.199
Digital image restoration (Book, 1977) [WorldCat.org]
Digital image restoration (Book, 1991) [WorldCat.org]
Graphic design External links:
Graphic Design Tools and Templates | PicMonkey
Title Graphic Design Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Computer science External links:
2018 Computer Science Internships | Internships.com
Purdue University – Department of Computer Science
Computer Science and Engineering
Imaging science External links:
Chester F. Carlson Center for Imaging Science – Official Site
Imaging Science – Advanced HDTV Calibration
About Us – Imaging Science
Society for Imaging Science and Technology External links:
Society for Imaging Science and Technology | Texas ECE
Electromagnetic energy External links:
What is the smallest packet of electromagnetic energy …
Electromagnetic energy | Define Electromagnetic energy …
[PDF]ELECTROMAGNETIC ENERGY (EME) EXPOSURE …
Hanspeter Pfister External links:
Hanspeter Pfister | The Harvard Data Science Initiative
Hanspeter Pfister (@hpfister) | Twitter
Data visualization External links:
Data Visualization | FEMA.gov
geothinQ – On-demand Land Mapping & Data Visualization
AstroNova | Data Visualization Technology & Solutions
Graph drawing External links:
[PDF]Graph Drawing – Stony Brook University
Graph Drawing Contest – Google+
Handbook of Graph Drawing and Visualization
Software visualization External links:
Software Visualization research at GVU
Software Visualization – Imagix
Software Visualization | Uni Assignment Writers
Computer graphics External links:
Computer Graphics & Graphics Applications
Computer Graphics : Dallas County Community College District
3D computer graphics – ScienceDaily
Bang Wong External links:
Bang Wong (@bangwong) | Twitter
Bang Wong – YouTube
Bang Wong | Broad Institute
Remote sensing External links:
Remote Sensing of Water Resources
2018 Science Olympiad: Remote sensing | National …
Remote Sensing Applications Center – USDA Forest …
Biological data visualization External links:
Biological Data Visualization – Google+
6th Workshop on Biological Data Visualization – BioVis 2016
NGS Data Analysis, Biological Data Visualization | …
Graphic organizer External links:
Graphic Organizers – eduplace.com
[PDF]Overview: Graphic Organizers
Atmospheric optics External links:
Atmospheric optics – Official Site
atmospheric optics – YouTube
Atmospheric Optics – reddit
Information visualization External links:
Information visualization (Book, 2001) [WorldCat.org]
Information visualization (Book, 2017) [WorldCat.org]
Magnetic resonance imaging External links:
How Magnetic Resonance Imaging works explained simply.
MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) – Massachusetts …
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) : Dallas County …
Kluwer Academic External links:
[PDF]Kluwer Academic Publishers
[PDF]11 1809 1824, 2002. Kluwer Academic Publishers – …
https://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/~cadotte/pubs/Khedr et al 2002 Bio Con.pdf
Digital imaging External links:
What is Digital Imaging? (with pictures) – wiseGEEK
Digital Imaging – New Windsor, NY – Hudson Valley Imaging
3D computer graphics External links:
3D computer graphics – ScienceDaily
May 19, 2003 · 3D Computer Graphics has 4 ratings and 1 review. This introduction to 3D computer graphics emphasizes fundamentals and the …
3D computer graphics (Book, 1993) [WorldCat.org]
Adolphe Quetelet External links:
Tales of Statisticians | Adolphe Quetelet
Adolphe Quetelet (Book, 1919) [WorldCat.org]
Adolphe Quetelet – Ganfyd
Human eye External links:
The Rods and Cones of the Human Eye – Georgia State …
Anatomy, Physiology & Pathology of the Human Eye
Ade Olufeko External links:
About – Ade Olufeko
Ade Olufeko Silver Spring, MD | Intelius
Ade Olufeko Profiles | Facebook