What is involved in Visualization
Find out what the related areas are that Visualization connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Visualization thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Interactive Computing and Data Visualization journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Interactive Computing and Data Visualization leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Visualization related domains to cover and 127 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Visualization, Ade Olufeko, Adolphe Quetelet, Bang Wong, Biological data visualization, Chemical imaging, Computer graphics, Creative visualization, Crime mapping, Data visualization, Engineering drawing, Flow visualization, Gaspard Monge, Graph drawing, Graph of a function, Graphic design, Graphic organizer, Guided imagery, Hanspeter Pfister, Imaging science, Information graphics, Information science, Information visualization, Interactive visualization, Jock D. Mackinlay, Mathematical diagram, Medical imaging, Mental image, Miriah Meyer, Misleading graph, Molecular graphics, Motor imagery, Music visualization, Patent drawing, Scientific modelling, Scientific visualization, Security visualisation, Software visualization, Spatial analysis, Spatial visualization ability, Statistical graphics, Technical drawing, Technical illustration, User interface, User interface design, Visual analytics, Visual communication, Visual culture, Visual perception, Visual rhetoric, Visual system, Visual thinking, Volume cartography, Volume rendering:
Visualization Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Visualization results and separate what are the business goals Visualization is aiming to achieve.
– What are the best places schools to study data visualization information design or information architecture?
– Can you filter, drill down, or add entirely new data to your visualization with mobile editing?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Visualization project?
– How do we Identify specific Visualization investment and emerging trends?
Ade Olufeko Critical Criteria:
Confer re Ade Olufeko management and separate what are the business goals Ade Olufeko is aiming to achieve.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Visualization agendas for the next 3 years?
– What are the business goals Visualization is aiming to achieve?
– What will drive Visualization change?
Adolphe Quetelet Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Adolphe Quetelet goals and remodel and develop an effective Adolphe Quetelet strategy.
– How can skill-level changes improve Visualization?
Bang Wong Critical Criteria:
Model after Bang Wong tactics and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Bang Wong.
– Does Visualization include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Visualization processes?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Visualization project manager?
Biological data visualization Critical Criteria:
Frame Biological data visualization adoptions and customize techniques for implementing Biological data visualization controls.
– In what ways are Visualization vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– When a Visualization manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Are there Visualization Models?
Chemical imaging Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Chemical imaging tasks and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Chemical imaging services.
– Do those selected for the Visualization team have a good general understanding of what Visualization is all about?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Visualization processes of our organization?
– Are accountability and ownership for Visualization clearly defined?
Computer graphics Critical Criteria:
Devise Computer graphics quality and differentiate in coordinating Computer graphics.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Visualization? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Have all basic functions of Visualization been defined?
– Who sets the Visualization standards?
Creative visualization Critical Criteria:
Scan Creative visualization visions and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Creative visualization.
– Among the Visualization product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Why should we adopt a Visualization framework?
Crime mapping Critical Criteria:
Trace Crime mapping governance and test out new things.
Data visualization Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Data visualization adoptions and innovate what needs to be done with Data visualization.
– What are the barriers to increased Visualization production?
– Who will provide the final approval of Visualization deliverables?
Engineering drawing Critical Criteria:
Merge Engineering drawing results and oversee Engineering drawing requirements.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Visualization strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
Flow visualization Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Flow visualization tactics and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Flow visualization services.
– What is the source of the strategies for Visualization strengthening and reform?
– How do we Improve Visualization service perception, and satisfaction?
Gaspard Monge Critical Criteria:
Look at Gaspard Monge strategies and be persistent.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Visualization is underway?
– How to deal with Visualization Changes?
Graph drawing Critical Criteria:
Study Graph drawing risks and ask what if.
– What are the key elements of your Visualization performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– What are our needs in relation to Visualization skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Visualization leaders?
Graph of a function Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Graph of a function quality and summarize a clear Graph of a function focus.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Visualization product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Visualization strengthening and reform actually originate?
– What are the usability implications of Visualization actions?
Graphic design Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Graphic design strategies and slay a dragon.
– Does Visualization create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Does the Visualization task fit the clients priorities?
– What are our Visualization Processes?
Graphic organizer Critical Criteria:
Model after Graphic organizer strategies and check on ways to get started with Graphic organizer.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Visualization. How do we gain traction?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Visualization process?
Guided imagery Critical Criteria:
Consider Guided imagery outcomes and optimize Guided imagery leadership as a key to advancement.
– Will Visualization deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– What business benefits will Visualization goals deliver if achieved?
Hanspeter Pfister Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Hanspeter Pfister strategies and look in other fields.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Visualization? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Is the Visualization organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Can we do Visualization without complex (expensive) analysis?
Imaging science Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Imaging science outcomes and adjust implementation of Imaging science.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Visualization project?
– How do we know that any Visualization analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Do we have past Visualization Successes?
Information graphics Critical Criteria:
Guide Information graphics governance and adopt an insight outlook.
– What vendors make products that address the Visualization needs?
Information science Critical Criteria:
Consider Information science issues and revise understanding of Information science architectures.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Visualization experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Do the Visualization decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– How much does Visualization help?
Information visualization Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Information visualization management and test out new things.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Visualization process?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Visualization?
Interactive visualization Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Interactive visualization decisions and optimize Interactive visualization leadership as a key to advancement.
– What are internal and external Visualization relations?
– Is a Visualization Team Work effort in place?
Jock D. Mackinlay Critical Criteria:
Review Jock D. Mackinlay risks and learn.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Visualization with what users do day-to-day?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Visualization that make it risky?
– How can we improve Visualization?
Mathematical diagram Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Mathematical diagram risks and adopt an insight outlook.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Visualization move?
– Is Supporting Visualization documentation required?
Medical imaging Critical Criteria:
Define Medical imaging quality and tour deciding if Medical imaging progress is made.
– Does Visualization systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– What is our Visualization Strategy?
Mental image Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Mental image planning and look at it backwards.
– Will Visualization have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Visualization processes?
Miriah Meyer Critical Criteria:
Derive from Miriah Meyer strategies and describe which business rules are needed as Miriah Meyer interface.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Visualization process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Visualization process available?
Misleading graph Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Misleading graph management and ask questions.
– Consider your own Visualization project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
Molecular graphics Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Molecular graphics engagements and define what our big hairy audacious Molecular graphics goal is.
– Is maximizing Visualization protection the same as minimizing Visualization loss?
– How do we maintain Visualizations Integrity?
Motor imagery Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Motor imagery strategies and define what do we need to start doing with Motor imagery.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Visualization services/products?
– Is Visualization Required?
Music visualization Critical Criteria:
Model after Music visualization goals and acquire concise Music visualization education.
– What is the purpose of Visualization in relation to the mission?
Patent drawing Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Patent drawing tactics and don’t overlook the obvious.
Scientific modelling Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Scientific modelling management and explore and align the progress in Scientific modelling.
– Is there a Visualization Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Is the scope of Visualization defined?
Scientific visualization Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Scientific visualization strategies and maintain Scientific visualization for success.
– Are assumptions made in Visualization stated explicitly?
Security visualisation Critical Criteria:
Analyze Security visualisation planning and work towards be a leading Security visualisation expert.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Visualization objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
Software visualization Critical Criteria:
Think about Software visualization risks and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Software visualization information.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Visualization goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
Spatial analysis Critical Criteria:
Use past Spatial analysis issues and oversee Spatial analysis requirements.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Visualization is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
Spatial visualization ability Critical Criteria:
Generalize Spatial visualization ability management and ask questions.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Visualization project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
Statistical graphics Critical Criteria:
Design Statistical graphics visions and question.
– How do we go about Comparing Visualization approaches/solutions?
Technical drawing Critical Criteria:
Own Technical drawing adoptions and find the ideas you already have.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Visualization study?
Technical illustration Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Technical illustration results and pioneer acquisition of Technical illustration systems.
– Does Visualization analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– What are the long-term Visualization goals?
User interface Critical Criteria:
Read up on User interface management and cater for concise User interface education.
– Think about the people you identified for your Visualization project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Visualization into the services that we provide?
– What if we substitute prototyping for user interface screens on paper?
– Does a User interface survey show which search ui is better ?
– Why are Visualization skills important?
User interface design Critical Criteria:
Disseminate User interface design engagements and create User interface design explanations for all managers.
– Is Visualization dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Are we Assessing Visualization and Risk?
Visual analytics Critical Criteria:
Review Visual analytics leadership and oversee Visual analytics requirements.
– Can we add value to the current Visualization decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Visualization activities?
Visual communication Critical Criteria:
Learn from Visual communication projects and find the ideas you already have.
– Do we monitor the Visualization decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Think of your Visualization project. what are the main functions?
Visual culture Critical Criteria:
Examine Visual culture management and catalog Visual culture activities.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Visualization does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
Visual perception Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Visual perception risks and grade techniques for implementing Visual perception controls.
Visual rhetoric Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Visual rhetoric quality and define Visual rhetoric competency-based leadership.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Visualization information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– How likely is the current Visualization plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Visualization project?
Visual system Critical Criteria:
Devise Visual system planning and describe which business rules are needed as Visual system interface.
– How can you negotiate Visualization successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
Visual thinking Critical Criteria:
Grasp Visual thinking management and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Visual thinking projects.
– Is Visualization Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– What are the short and long-term Visualization goals?
Volume cartography Critical Criteria:
Align Volume cartography risks and don’t overlook the obvious.
Volume rendering Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Volume rendering quality and do something to it.
– Do Visualization rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– Are there recognized Visualization problems?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Interactive Computing and Data Visualization Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Visualization External links:
NOAA Environmental Visualization Laboratory – …
geothinQ – On-demand Land Mapping & Data Visualization
Power BI | Interactive Data Visualization BI Tools
Ade Olufeko External links:
Ade Olufeko Profiles | Facebook
About – Ade Olufeko
Ade Olufeko Silver Spring, MD | Intelius
Adolphe Quetelet External links:
Adolphe Quetelet – Ganfyd
Tales of Statisticians | Adolphe Quetelet
Adolphe Quetelet (Book, 1919) [WorldCat.org]
Bang Wong External links:
Bang Wong Profiles | Facebook
Bang Wong | Broad Institute
Bang Wong – IMDb
Biological data visualization External links:
6th Workshop on Biological Data Visualization – BioVis 2016
Biological Data Visualization – Google+
NGS Data Analysis, Biological Data Visualization | …
Chemical imaging External links:
Spero® Chemical Imaging Microscope: Mid-IR …
Chemical Imaging | ORNL
Raman Chemical Imaging | HORIBA Scientific – HORIBA
Computer graphics External links:
Computer Graphics and Visualization at the TU Delft
Anti-Aliasing | Computer Graphics | FANDOM powered by …
Computer Graphics : Dallas County Community College District
Creative visualization External links:
Creative visualization (Book, 1978) [WorldCat.org]
Creative Visualization and Visualization …
Crime mapping External links:
Crime Mapping – Grand Rapids, Michigan
Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department – Online Crime Mapping
Tucson Crime Mapping | Official website of the City of Tucson
Data visualization External links:
NCHS Data Visualization Gallery – Homepage
AstroNova | Data Visualization Technology & Solutions
Power BI | Interactive Data Visualization BI Tools
Engineering drawing External links:
[PDF]Engineering Drawing & CAD Standards – Faculty Web
Engineering Drawing Title Block – Engineers Edge
[PDF]ENGINEERING DRAWING STANDARDS MANUAL – …
Flow visualization External links:
Flow visualization (DVD video, 2009) [WorldCat.org]
Flow visualization (VHS tape, 1980s) [WorldCat.org]
Gaspard Monge External links:
Gaspard Monge, count de Péluse | French mathematician …
Gaspard Monge – YouTube
Graph drawing External links:
Graph Drawing Contest – Google+
Graph Drawing – Ebook Download PDF – Google Sites
Handbook of Graph Drawing and Visualization
Graphic design External links:
Graphic Design Tools and Templates | PicMonkey
Title Graphic Design Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Graphic organizer External links:
[PDF]Overview: Graphic Organizers
Graphic Organizers – eduplace.com
Guided imagery External links:
[DOC]Guided Imagery: Journey Through Life
Guided Imagery – Topic Overview – WebMD
[PDF]Activity: Guided Imagery Purpose: To create mental …
Hanspeter Pfister External links:
Hanspeter Pfister | The Harvard Data Science Initiative
Hanspeter Pfister (@hpfister) | Twitter
Imaging science External links:
Medical Imaging Science/Radiography (X-ray) | College …
Imaging Science – Advanced HDTV Calibration
About Us – Imaging Science
Information graphics External links:
Timeplots: Information Graphics Products
The Functional Art: An introduction to information graphics and visualization (Voices That Matter): 9780321834737: Computer Science Books @ Amazon.com
Information science External links:
Email | Research Information Science & Computing
Information Science | College of Media, Communication …
News | Department of Information Science
Information visualization External links:
Information visualization (Book, 2017) [WorldCat.org]
Information visualization (Book, 2001) [WorldCat.org]
Interactive visualization External links:
[PDF]Digital Roadway Interactive Visualization and …
Jock D. Mackinlay External links:
[PDF]Bay-Wei Chang, Jock D. Mackinlay, Polle T. Zellweger
Jock D. Mackinlay – Google Scholar Citations
Medical imaging External links:
CDI | National medical imaging network
Touchstone Medical Imaging – Touchstone Medical Imaging
Mental image External links:
Amazon.com: Mental Image: Mental Image: MP3 Downloads
Mental Image | ReverbNation
Mental Image (2013) – Release Info – IMDb
Miriah Meyer External links:
Miriah Meyer | bio
24. Miriah Meyer – Fast Company
Poetry of Data: An Interview with Miriah Meyer
Misleading graph External links:
Misleading Graphs | Passy’s World of Mathematics
[PDF]31 Misleading Graphs and Statistics
Misleading Graphs Examples – Math@TutorVista.com
Molecular graphics External links:
[PDF]Desktop Molecular Graphics Background Essentials
Jan 02, 2018 · Download PyMOL Molecular Graphics System for free. PyMOL is an OpenGL based molecular visualization system. PyMOL is …
Motor imagery External links:
Graded Motor Imagery – Specialist Pain Physio Clinics
Graded Motor Imagery Course – Mary Free Bed …
Music visualization External links:
audio – Music Visualization – Stack Overflow
Pitch Detection Overview – Real-Time Music Visualization
Aeon – a new dimension in music visualization
Patent drawing External links:
Patent Drawing Software – Create Patent Diagrams Easy
[PDF]Guide for Preparation of Patent Drawings
“High-Quality” Patent Drawings / Illustrations Service
Scientific modelling External links:
Roman Frigg (LSE) ‘Scientific Modelling. A Primer’ – YouTube
What is SCIENTIFIC MODELLING? What does …
Scientific modelling — Science Learning Hub
Scientific visualization External links:
Scientific visualization – ScienceDaily
Pixologic :: Pixologic :: Industry :: Scientific Visualization
Radius Digital Science – Scientific Visualization
Software visualization External links:
Software Visualization | Uni Assignment Writers
Software Visualization research at GVU
Software Visualization – Imagix
Spatial analysis External links:
Remote Sensing & Spatial Analysis Lab – Home
Forest Stewardship Spatial Analysis Project Home Page
Learn Spatial Analysis | USC Dornsife
Spatial visualization ability External links:
The Relationship between Spatial Visualization Ability …
Statistical graphics External links:
[PDF]Key Words: Outliers; Statistical Graphics
[PDF]183-30: Customizing ODS Statistical Graphics
Ch. 2.4: Statistical graphics Flashcards | Quizlet
Technical drawing External links:
Category:Technical drawing images | Wookieepedia | …
Technical drawing instruments | STAEDTLER
Ch. 10 Technical Drawing Flashcards | Quizlet
Technical illustration External links:
Joe Saputo | Technical Illustration
Performance Design | Technical Illustration
Technical Illustration & Graphic Services – DTB
User interface External links:
User interface design – ScienceDaily
Portal Web Mail User Interface – MyCopper.net
Datatel User Interface 5.4
User interface design External links:
User Interface Design Basics | Usability.gov
User interface design – ScienceDaily
Filament Group, Inc. | User Interface Design & …
Visual communication External links:
School of Visual Communication Design | Kent State University
Glassboards | Visual Communication Systems | Egan Visual
CWOVC | Center for Written, Oral, & Visual Communication
Visual culture External links:
Visual Culture. (eBook) [WorldCat.org]
Vistas: Visual Culture in Spanish America, 1520-1820
Visual culture. (Book, 2012) [WorldCat.org]
Visual perception External links:
Culture Visual Perception – AbeBooks
Visual Perception (eVideo, 2015) [WorldCat.org]
[PDF]COGS 141: Visual Perception
Visual rhetoric External links:
Visual Rhetoric Free Essays – StudyMode
What is static visual rhetoric? – Brainly.com
[DOC]Visual Rhetoric – Georgia State University
Visual system External links:
Medications that can Affect the Eye or Visual System
-=S070_H4X0R=- – Audio Visual System – exiquetech.com
[PPT]The Visual System – Faculty Server Contact | UMass …
http://faculty.uml.edu/iho/47.273/BMB Lectures/12 Visual system – Web.ppt
Visual thinking External links:
Visual Thinking Strategies Visual Thinking Strategies is …
Visual Thinking by Rudolf Arnheim – Goodreads
Visual Thinking Strategies Training – vtshome.org
Volume cartography External links:
Volume cartography – WOW.com
Volume cartography – Revolvy
Volume rendering External links:
Volume rendering – Fire – KitwarePublic – ParaView
Volume Rendering – FREE download Volume Rendering
Volume Rendering – VisItusers.org