What is involved in Unified Communications and Collaboration
Find out what the related areas are that Unified Communications and Collaboration connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Unified Communications and Collaboration thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Unified Communications and Collaboration UCC journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Unified Communications and Collaboration UCC leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Unified Communications and Collaboration related domains to cover and 118 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Unified Communications and Collaboration, Unified communications, Call control, Collaborative software, Communications service provider, Computer network, Computer speech recognition, Desktop sharing, Digital signage, Emergency communication system, Extension Mobility, Fixed-mobile convergence, IBM Lotus Sametime, IP telephony, Instant messaging, Intelligent network service, Interactive whiteboard, Internet Protocol Television, Juniper Networks, Key telephone system, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Windows, Mobile collaboration, Mozilla Thunderbird, Network World, Office Communications Server, Phone company, Presence information, Presence service, Private branch exchange, Real-time Transport Protocol, Software as a service, Speech recognition, Telecommunication circuit, Telephone exchange, Unified Communications Interoperability Forum, Unified Communications as a Service, Unified communications management, Unified messaging, Unify GmbH & Co. KG, Video conferencing, Voice over Internet Protocol:
Unified Communications and Collaboration Critical Criteria:
Guard Unified Communications and Collaboration risks and perfect Unified Communications and Collaboration conflict management.
– How is the value delivered by Unified Communications and Collaboration being measured?
– What will drive Unified Communications and Collaboration change?
– How can we improve Unified Communications and Collaboration?
Unified communications Critical Criteria:
Think about Unified communications strategies and arbitrate Unified communications techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Unified Communications and Collaboration move?
– Who sets the Unified Communications and Collaboration standards?
Call control Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Call control results and oversee Call control management by competencies.
– Which customers cant participate in our Unified Communications and Collaboration domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Is there any existing Unified Communications and Collaboration governance structure?
– What are the usability implications of Unified Communications and Collaboration actions?
Collaborative software Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Collaborative software tactics and overcome Collaborative software skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Unified Communications and Collaboration. How do we gain traction?
– Does our organization need more Unified Communications and Collaboration education?
Communications service provider Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Communications service provider risks and report on setting up Communications service provider without losing ground.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Unified Communications and Collaboration? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– If voip is classified as a telecommunications service, should access charges for it be different from those paid by non-ip-enabled telecommunications service providers?
– When a Unified Communications and Collaboration manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– What is our formula for success in Unified Communications and Collaboration ?
Computer network Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Computer network planning and handle a jump-start course to Computer network.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Unified Communications and Collaboration into the services that we provide?
– Among the Unified Communications and Collaboration product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– How do we measure improved Unified Communications and Collaboration service perception, and satisfaction?
– Is the illegal entry into a private computer network a crime in your country?
Computer speech recognition Critical Criteria:
Map Computer speech recognition risks and perfect Computer speech recognition conflict management.
– What is the source of the strategies for Unified Communications and Collaboration strengthening and reform?
– To what extent does management recognize Unified Communications and Collaboration as a tool to increase the results?
Desktop sharing Critical Criteria:
Review Desktop sharing decisions and attract Desktop sharing skills.
– Does Unified Communications and Collaboration create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Unified Communications and Collaboration ?
– What business benefits will Unified Communications and Collaboration goals deliver if achieved?
Digital signage Critical Criteria:
Pilot Digital signage failures and adopt an insight outlook.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Unified Communications and Collaboration experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Unified Communications and Collaboration services/products?
– What are current Unified Communications and Collaboration Paradigms?
Emergency communication system Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Emergency communication system adoptions and catalog Emergency communication system activities.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Unified Communications and Collaboration?
– How can skill-level changes improve Unified Communications and Collaboration?
Extension Mobility Critical Criteria:
Refer to Extension Mobility quality and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– For your Unified Communications and Collaboration project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– In a project to restructure Unified Communications and Collaboration outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Does Unified Communications and Collaboration analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Fixed-mobile convergence Critical Criteria:
Adapt Fixed-mobile convergence strategies and mentor Fixed-mobile convergence customer orientation.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Unified Communications and Collaboration workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Unified Communications and Collaboration?
– How do we manage Unified Communications and Collaboration Knowledge Management (KM)?
IBM Lotus Sametime Critical Criteria:
Frame IBM Lotus Sametime visions and attract IBM Lotus Sametime skills.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Unified Communications and Collaboration models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Unified Communications and Collaboration, including any consulting or professional services?
– Is maximizing Unified Communications and Collaboration protection the same as minimizing Unified Communications and Collaboration loss?
IP telephony Critical Criteria:
Transcribe IP telephony visions and test out new things.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Unified Communications and Collaboration strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– How to deal with Unified Communications and Collaboration Changes?
Instant messaging Critical Criteria:
Meet over Instant messaging projects and optimize Instant messaging leadership as a key to advancement.
– Are you looking for a vendor to provide instant messaging built into the solution so users of the system can instant message each other?
– Do we monitor the Unified Communications and Collaboration decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
Intelligent network service Critical Criteria:
Coach on Intelligent network service visions and oversee Intelligent network service management by competencies.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Unified Communications and Collaboration is underway?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Unified Communications and Collaboration effort?
Interactive whiteboard Critical Criteria:
Systematize Interactive whiteboard tactics and transcribe Interactive whiteboard as tomorrows backbone for success.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Unified Communications and Collaboration processes?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Unified Communications and Collaboration agendas for the next 3 years?
Internet Protocol Television Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Internet Protocol Television decisions and know what your objective is.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Unified Communications and Collaboration processes?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Unified Communications and Collaboration project?
– Is the scope of Unified Communications and Collaboration defined?
Juniper Networks Critical Criteria:
Grade Juniper Networks tactics and shift your focus.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Unified Communications and Collaboration strengthening and reform actually originate?
Key telephone system Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Key telephone system quality and improve Key telephone system service perception.
– What are the disruptive Unified Communications and Collaboration technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Unified Communications and Collaboration been identified and analyzed?
Lotus Notes Critical Criteria:
Devise Lotus Notes adoptions and look for lots of ideas.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Unified Communications and Collaboration that make it risky?
– Is Unified Communications and Collaboration Required?
Microsoft Outlook Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Microsoft Outlook projects and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Microsoft Outlook results.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Unified Communications and Collaboration strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– What are our Unified Communications and Collaboration Processes?
Microsoft Windows Critical Criteria:
Consider Microsoft Windows tasks and prioritize challenges of Microsoft Windows.
– Who will provide the final approval of Unified Communications and Collaboration deliverables?
Mobile collaboration Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Mobile collaboration management and look at it backwards.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Unified Communications and Collaboration values?
– Are there recognized Unified Communications and Collaboration problems?
– What threat is Unified Communications and Collaboration addressing?
Mozilla Thunderbird Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Mozilla Thunderbird adoptions and document what potential Mozilla Thunderbird megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Is the Unified Communications and Collaboration organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Have you identified your Unified Communications and Collaboration key performance indicators?
– How do we go about Comparing Unified Communications and Collaboration approaches/solutions?
Network World Critical Criteria:
Recall Network World results and gather Network World models .
– Are accountability and ownership for Unified Communications and Collaboration clearly defined?
– Are there Unified Communications and Collaboration Models?
Office Communications Server Critical Criteria:
Consult on Office Communications Server engagements and triple focus on important concepts of Office Communications Server relationship management.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Unified Communications and Collaboration in a volatile global economy?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Unified Communications and Collaboration moving forward?
Phone company Critical Criteria:
Start Phone company leadership and get going.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Unified Communications and Collaboration requirements in detail?
– How important is Unified Communications and Collaboration to the user organizations mission?
Presence information Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Presence information governance and transcribe Presence information as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Unified Communications and Collaboration forward?
– How do we maintain Unified Communications and Collaborations Integrity?
Presence service Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Presence service outcomes and drive action.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Unified Communications and Collaboration?
– Which Unified Communications and Collaboration goals are the most important?
Private branch exchange Critical Criteria:
Analyze Private branch exchange governance and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Private branch exchange services.
Real-time Transport Protocol Critical Criteria:
Recall Real-time Transport Protocol visions and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Real-time Transport Protocol.
Software as a service Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Software as a service visions and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Software as a service.
– Can we add value to the current Unified Communications and Collaboration decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Why are Service Level Agreements a dying breed in the software as a service industry?
Speech recognition Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Speech recognition results and shift your focus.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Unified Communications and Collaboration product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– How do we Identify specific Unified Communications and Collaboration investment and emerging trends?
Telecommunication circuit Critical Criteria:
Rank Telecommunication circuit management and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Telecommunication circuit services.
– How do we go about Securing Unified Communications and Collaboration?
Telephone exchange Critical Criteria:
Trace Telephone exchange quality and pay attention to the small things.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Unified Communications and Collaboration project?
Unified Communications Interoperability Forum Critical Criteria:
Drive Unified Communications Interoperability Forum tactics and observe effective Unified Communications Interoperability Forum.
– Do those selected for the Unified Communications and Collaboration team have a good general understanding of what Unified Communications and Collaboration is all about?
Unified Communications as a Service Critical Criteria:
Infer Unified Communications as a Service visions and optimize Unified Communications as a Service leadership as a key to advancement.
– Do the Unified Communications and Collaboration decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
Unified communications management Critical Criteria:
Focus on Unified communications management adoptions and get the big picture.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Unified Communications and Collaboration with what users do day-to-day?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Unified Communications and Collaboration leaders?
– What are the barriers to increased Unified Communications and Collaboration production?
Unified messaging Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Unified messaging results and know what your objective is.
– What are the long-term Unified Communications and Collaboration goals?
– What about Unified Communications and Collaboration Analysis of results?
Unify GmbH & Co. KG Critical Criteria:
Value Unify GmbH & Co. KG projects and report on the economics of relationships managing Unify GmbH & Co. KG and constraints.
Video conferencing Critical Criteria:
Track Video conferencing issues and look at the big picture.
– How can you negotiate Unified Communications and Collaboration successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– How do we keep improving Unified Communications and Collaboration?
Voice over Internet Protocol Critical Criteria:
Model after Voice over Internet Protocol decisions and integrate design thinking in Voice over Internet Protocol innovation.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Unified Communications and Collaboration UCC Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Unified Communications and Collaboration External links:
Unified Communications and Collaboration Market Trends
Unified Communications and Collaboration | UC-One
Unified communications External links:
Unified Communications & Conferencing Solution | Revolabs
VoIP Service & Cloud Unified Communications | Vonage
ReadyTalk – Unified Communications; Audio, Video & …
Call control External links:
Call Control – Cisco
Call Control! on the App Store – iTunes – Apple
Call Control – Official Site
Collaborative software External links:
Collaborative software | Britannica.com
Dicolab – Creators of multi-user collaborative software
Collaborative software solutions from MultiTaction
Communications service provider External links:
Communications Service Provider – Opus Networks
Communications Service Provider Operations
Computer network External links:
Remote services, computer network, PC Health Check – …
Computer speech recognition External links:
[PDF]Computer Speech Recognition and Language …
Desktop sharing External links:
Ammyy Admin – Free Remote Desktop Sharing and …
Windows Desktop Sharing is used by software developers to create applications that use multiple-party screen-sharing technology. Key scenarios include remote assistance, real-time collaboration and conferencing, and video communication.
Join a Desktop Sharing Session | www.mikogo.com
Digital signage External links:
Digital Signage Expo 2018
Rise Vision Digital Signage Content Management
Wireless screen mirroring and digital signage | Airtame
Emergency communication system External links:
Emergency Communication System – Rave Mobile Safety
Emergency Communication System Overview – Cornell
Emergency Communication System – UTA
Extension Mobility External links:
VOIP Phone – Extension Mobility Login and logout – YouTube
Configuring Extension Mobility – YouTube
Extension Mobility service redundancy | Cisco Communities
IBM Lotus Sametime External links:
IBM Lotus Sametime Connect – navygirl.org
IBM Lotus Sametime Meetings – Tata Consultancy Services
IBM Lotus Sametime Connect for browsers
IP telephony External links:
IP Telephony Voice over IP (VoIP) – Cisco
Why Choose ShoreTel? IP Telephony & UC Solutions
[PDF]Avaya IP Telephony Implementation Guide
Instant messaging External links:
CME Pivot Instant Messaging Platform – CME Group
ICE Instant Messaging
Intelligent network service External links:
System, intelligent network service engine and method …
[PDF]Requirements for intelligent network service …
Interactive whiteboard External links:
Interactive Whiteboard Games | PBS KIDS
Free Interactive Whiteboard Resources | TeachHUB
Internet Protocol Television External links:
Completed project: Internet Protocol Television (IPTV)
IPTV: Internet Protocol Television • r/IPTV – Reddit-IPTV
Hospital IPTV | Internet Protocol Television | TeleHealth
Juniper Networks External links:
Pulse Secure – Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks – Official Site
Juniper Networks – Sunnyvale, CA
Key telephone system External links:
Toshiba Strata DK8 Digital Key Telephone System
[PDF]KEY TELEPHONE SYSTEM GROUNDING AND …
Toshiba CTX 670 CIX 670 Key Telephone System
Lotus Notes External links:
Migrate IBM Lotus Notes to Exchange and Office 365
How to connect Microsoft Outlook with Lotus Notes e …
Lotus Notes NSF Viewer – FreeViewer
Microsoft Outlook External links:
Microsoft Outlook 2013 – Download
Set Up AT&T Email in Microsoft Outlook 2013 – Email Support
AT&T Conferencing Add-in for Microsoft Outlook
Microsoft Windows External links:
Changing Microsoft Windows and Office Product Keys
Apps | Microsoft Windows 10 | Official Site
Mobile collaboration External links:
IBM Mobile Collaboration Services – Overview – United …
Mobile Collaboration | Plantronics
Mobile Collaboration – Send Word Now
Mozilla Thunderbird External links:
Mozilla Thunderbird – Lightning Calendar — Mozilla
Mozilla Thunderbird – Download
Network World External links:
NHL Network World Junior Championship Game Schedule
Network World IT Roadmap • IDG
Office Communications Server External links:
Welcome to Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2
Office Communications Server or Lync Server 2010 …
Download Office Communications Server 2007 and 2007 …
Phone company External links:
Monmouth Telecom | NJ Phone Company and Internet …
CREDO Mobile | Cell Phone Company Powering …
Broadband & Phone Company | Midsouth Region | Cablelynx
Presence information External links:
Phone Presence Information | RingCentral
Set my presence information | MSDN
Presence service External links:
The Newburgh Ministry, Inc. – Presence Service …
Private branch exchange External links:
What is Private Branch Exchange (PBX)? Webopedia …
What is private branch exchange (PBX) ? – Definition …
What is Hosted Private Branch Exchange (Hosted PBX)?
Real-time Transport Protocol External links:
Display Filter Reference: Real-Time Transport Protocol
What Secure Real-Time Transport Protocol (SRTP) is?
Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) in VoIP – YouTube
Software as a service External links:
What is SaaS? Software as a Service | Microsoft Azure
Software as a Service (SaaS) | Oracle
Enterprise Gamification Software as a Service Platform
Speech recognition External links:
Amazon Transcribe – Automatic Speech Recognition – AWS
Dictate text using Speech Recognition – Windows Help
Speech API – Speech Recognition | Google Cloud Platform
Telecommunication circuit External links:
http://A telecommunication circuit is any line, conductor, or other conduit by which information is transmitted. A dedicated circuit, private circuit, or leased line is a line that is dedicated to only one use. Originally, this was analog, and was often used by radio stations as a studio/transmitter link (STL) or remote pickup unit (RPU) for their audio, sometimes as a backup to other means.
Telephone exchange External links:
Payment Options – Dubois Telephone Exchange – DTE …
Business Telephone eXchange – Home
North American Telephone Exchange Lookup by NPA NXX
Unified Communications Interoperability Forum External links:
Unified Communications Interoperability Forum (UCIF)
The Unified Communications Interoperability Forum …
Unified Communications as a Service External links:
UCaaS 101: Simplifying Unified Communications as a Service
UCaaS, Unified Communications As A Service | Masergy
Unified communications management External links:
[PDF]Nortel Unified Communications Management …
[PDF]Unified Communications Management Common …
[PDF]Using Unified Communications Management (UCM) …
Unified messaging External links:
Voice mail in Exchange Online: Unified Messaging
Unified Messaging | Georgia Technology Authority
Video conferencing External links:
BlueJeans – Video Conferencing, Screen Sharing, Video …
Video Conferencing & Collaboration – Highfive
Cisco WebEx — Online Meetings and Video Conferencing
Voice over Internet Protocol External links:
What is Voice Over Internet Protocol? – xfinity.com
VoIP Calling | How Voice Over Internet Protocol Works
When was the first Voice over Internet Protocol invented