What is involved in Amazon Redshift
Find out what the related areas are that Amazon Redshift connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Amazon Redshift thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Amazon Redshift journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Amazon Redshift leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Amazon Redshift related domains to cover and 106 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Amazon Redshift, Actuate Corporation, Amazon RDS, Amazon Web Services, Big data, Business intelligence, Business intelligence software, Column-oriented DBMS, DXC Technology, Data integration, Data set, Data warehouse, Dundas Data Visualization, Internet hosting service, Logi Analytics, Massive parallel processing, Software release life cycle, System integration, Tableau Software, Yellowfin Business Intelligence:
Amazon Redshift Critical Criteria:
Depict Amazon Redshift planning and test out new things.
– Is the Amazon Redshift organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Have all basic functions of Amazon Redshift been defined?
Actuate Corporation Critical Criteria:
See the value of Actuate Corporation engagements and devise Actuate Corporation key steps.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Amazon Redshift process?
– What is the purpose of Amazon Redshift in relation to the mission?
– Will Amazon Redshift deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Amazon RDS Critical Criteria:
Merge Amazon RDS strategies and drive action.
– To what extent does management recognize Amazon Redshift as a tool to increase the results?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Amazon Redshift effort?
– Are there Amazon Redshift Models?
Amazon Web Services Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Amazon Web Services issues and slay a dragon.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Amazon Redshift project manager?
– What is the best strategy going forward for data center disaster recovery?
– Amazon web services is which type of cloud computing distribution model?
– How do we Identify specific Amazon Redshift investment and emerging trends?
– What business benefits will Amazon Redshift goals deliver if achieved?
Big data Critical Criteria:
Consider Big data risks and transcribe Big data as tomorrows backbone for success.
– If this nomination is completed on behalf of the customer, has that customer been made aware of this nomination in advance of this submission?
– Looking at hadoop big data in the rearview mirror, what would you have done differently after implementing a Data Lake?
– What is (or would be) the added value of collaborating with other entities regarding data sharing across economic sectors?
– Future: Given the focus on Big Data where should the Chief Executive for these initiatives report?
– Do we understand the mechanisms and patterns that underlie transportation in our jurisdiction?
– Wheres the evidence that using big data intelligently will improve business performance?
– What new definitions are needed to describe elements of new Big Data solutions?
– What is the contribution of subsets of the data to the problem solution?
– What are the new applications that are enabled by Big Data solutions?
– Does aggregation exceed permissible need to know about an individual?
– Which Oracle Data Integration products are used in your solution?
– Is data-driven decision-making part of the organizations culture?
– Can analyses improve with more detailed analytics that we use?
– How fast can we determine changes in the incoming data?
– Isnt big data just another way of saying analytics?
– Can analyses improve with more data to process?
– How do we go about Securing Amazon Redshift?
– Who is collecting all this data?
– Are we Using Data To Win?
– What are we collecting?
Business intelligence Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Business intelligence risks and find the essential reading for Business intelligence researchers.
– Does the software allow users to bring in data from outside the company on-the-flylike demographics and market research to augment corporate data?
– what is the most effective tool for Statistical Analysis Business Analytics and Business Intelligence?
– Are business intelligence solutions starting to include social media data and analytics features?
– What is the difference between a data scientist and a business intelligence analyst?
– What specialized bi knowledge does your business have that can be leveraged?
– What are some software and skills that every Data Scientist should know?
– Is data warehouseing necessary for our business intelligence service?
– Describe the process of data transformation required by your system?
– Is Data Warehouseing necessary for a business intelligence service?
– Which other Oracle Business Intelligence products are used in your solution?
– What are the trends shaping the future of business analytics?
– What are the main full web business intelligence solutions?
– How would you broadly categorize the different BI tools?
– What type and complexity of system administration roles?
– How are business intelligence applications delivered?
– How is Business Intelligence related to CRM?
– Can your product map ad-hoc query results?
– What is your annual maintenance?
Business intelligence software Critical Criteria:
Detail Business intelligence software decisions and document what potential Business intelligence software megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– What are our needs in relation to Amazon Redshift skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Amazon Redshift opportunities costing us money?
– How is the value delivered by Amazon Redshift being measured?
Column-oriented DBMS Critical Criteria:
Use past Column-oriented DBMS failures and triple focus on important concepts of Column-oriented DBMS relationship management.
– How do we measure improved Amazon Redshift service perception, and satisfaction?
– Who will provide the final approval of Amazon Redshift deliverables?
– Are there recognized Amazon Redshift problems?
DXC Technology Critical Criteria:
Chart DXC Technology quality and raise human resource and employment practices for DXC Technology.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Amazon Redshift processes?
– What are the business goals Amazon Redshift is aiming to achieve?
Data integration Critical Criteria:
Pilot Data integration projects and probe the present value of growth of Data integration.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Amazon Redshift project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Amazon Redshift project lifecycle?
– In which area(s) do data integration and BI, as part of Fusion Middleware, help our IT infrastructure?
– What vendors make products that address the Amazon Redshift needs?
Data set Critical Criteria:
Judge Data set failures and mentor Data set customer orientation.
– For hosted solutions, are we permitted to download the entire data set in order to maintain local backups?
– How was it created; what algorithms, algorithm versions, ancillary and calibration data sets were used?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Amazon Redshift agendas for the next 3 years?
– Is data that is transcribed or copied checked for errors against the original data set?
– What needs to be in the plan related to the data capture for the various data sets?
– Is someone responsible for migrating data sets that are in old/outdated formats?
– Think of your Amazon Redshift project. what are the main functions?
– You get a data set. what do you do with it?
– How do we maintain Amazon Redshifts Integrity?
Data warehouse Critical Criteria:
Grade Data warehouse strategies and figure out ways to motivate other Data warehouse users.
– What tier data server has been identified for the storage of decision support data contained in a data warehouse?
– Do we need an enterprise data warehouse, a Data Lake, or both as part of our overall data architecture?
– What does a typical data warehouse and business intelligence organizational structure look like?
– Does big data threaten the traditional data warehouse business intelligence model stack?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Amazon Redshift study?
– What is the difference between a database and data warehouse?
– What is the purpose of data warehouses and data marts?
– What are alternatives to building a data warehouse?
– Do we offer a good introduction to data warehouse?
– Data Warehouse versus Data Lake (Data Swamp)?
– Do you still need a data warehouse?
– Centralized data warehouse?
Dundas Data Visualization Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Dundas Data Visualization issues and grade techniques for implementing Dundas Data Visualization controls.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Amazon Redshift moving forward?
– What are the long-term Amazon Redshift goals?
– Is the scope of Amazon Redshift defined?
Internet hosting service Critical Criteria:
Look at Internet hosting service risks and grade techniques for implementing Internet hosting service controls.
– How do we manage Amazon Redshift Knowledge Management (KM)?
– How do we go about Comparing Amazon Redshift approaches/solutions?
Logi Analytics Critical Criteria:
Match Logi Analytics leadership and gather practices for scaling Logi Analytics.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Amazon Redshift processes?
– What are the usability implications of Amazon Redshift actions?
– How do we keep improving Amazon Redshift?
Massive parallel processing Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Massive parallel processing adoptions and finalize the present value of growth of Massive parallel processing.
– Think about the people you identified for your Amazon Redshift project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Is Amazon Redshift Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Software release life cycle Critical Criteria:
Own Software release life cycle visions and devise Software release life cycle key steps.
– Which customers cant participate in our Amazon Redshift domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Amazon Redshift, including any consulting or professional services?
– Are accountability and ownership for Amazon Redshift clearly defined?
System integration Critical Criteria:
Design System integration governance and be persistent.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Amazon Redshift product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– How do we Improve Amazon Redshift service perception, and satisfaction?
– How do you address back-end system integration?
Tableau Software Critical Criteria:
Boost Tableau Software governance and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Tableau Software.
– In the case of a Amazon Redshift project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Amazon Redshift project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Amazon Redshift project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Amazon Redshift project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Amazon Redshift ?
Yellowfin Business Intelligence Critical Criteria:
Shape Yellowfin Business Intelligence engagements and acquire concise Yellowfin Business Intelligence education.
– Is Supporting Amazon Redshift documentation required?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Amazon Redshift Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Amazon Redshift External links:
Amazon.com – Amazon Redshift
http://Ad · aws.amazon.com/redshift
Amazon Redshift – Data Warehouse Solution – AWS
Connect to Amazon Redshift in Power BI Desktop
Actuate Corporation External links:
Actuate Corporation Career Opportunities & Jobs | Monster.com
Actuate Corporation v. NCR Corporation et al – Law360
Amazon RDS External links:
How to Migrate Databases to Amazon RDS – Datavail
Amazon Web Services External links:
Amazon Web Services Simple Monthly Calculator
Amazon Web Services – Official Site
AWS re:Invent 2017 | Amazon Web Services
Big data External links:
Swiftly – Leverage big data to move your city
Databricks – Making Big Data Simple
Take 5 Media Group – Build an audience using big data
Business intelligence External links:
List of Business Intelligence Skills – The Balance
Business intelligence software External links:
Jaspersoft Business Intelligence Software
ExhibitForce – Business Intelligence Software
Mortgage Business Intelligence Software :: Motivity Solutions
Column-oriented DBMS External links:
Column-oriented DBMS |THWACK
C-Store: A Column-oriented DBMS – citeseerx.ist.psu.edu
Paper Review: C-Store: A column-oriented DBMS
DXC Technology External links:
DXC Technology Perks at Work
Data integration External links:
Data Integration Toolkit at dnb.com (Toolkit Home)
PPT – Data integration PowerPoint Presentation – ID:4073218
IBM Data Integration – IBM Analytics
Data set External links:
Limited Data Set | HHS.gov
OpenFEMA Dataset: OpenFEMA Data Sets – V1 | FEMA.gov
Data warehouse External links:
data warehouse jobs | Dice.com
[PDF]Data Warehouse – Utility’s Smart Grid Clearinghouse
http://smartgrid.epri.com/UseCases/DW – Utility DOE SG Clearhouse_ph2add.pdf
Data Warehouse Specialist Salaries – Salary.com
Dundas Data Visualization External links:
Dundas Data Visualization, Inc. – YouTube
35 Dundas Data Visualization reviews. A free inside look at company reviews and salaries posted anonymously by employees.
Dundas Data Visualization, Inc. – Google+
Internet hosting service External links:
Internet Hosting Service Market – Research Corridor
JPStream Internet | Internet Hosting Service in japan
Logi Analytics External links:
Logi Analytics – Official Site
| Marlin acquires Logi Analytics – PE Hub
Logi Analytics Solutions – Chetu
Software release life cycle External links:
Software release life cycle | 9to5Mac
Skill Pages – Software release life cycle | Dice.com
System integration External links:
Smart Grid Solutions | Smart Grid System Integration …
Tableau Software External links:
Tableau Desktop | Tableau Software
Tableau Software – Official Site
Yellowfin Business Intelligence External links:
Objective review of Yellowfin Business Intelligence including product details, features, target market, and customer service. Compare against similar BI tools.
Platform | Yellowfin Business Intelligence
Contact Us | Yellowfin Business Intelligence