What is involved in IBM Tivoli Access Manager
Find out what the related areas are that IBM Tivoli Access Manager connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a IBM Tivoli Access Manager thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its IBM Tivoli Access Manager journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward IBM Tivoli Access Manager leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which IBM Tivoli Access Manager related domains to cover and 54 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
IBM Tivoli Access Manager, Authentication, Authorization, Business software, IBM Tivoli Access Manager for Enterprise Single Sign-On, IBM Tivoli Identity Manager, Microsoft Windows, Operating system, Solaris:
IBM Tivoli Access Manager Critical Criteria:
Accumulate IBM Tivoli Access Manager projects and catalog IBM Tivoli Access Manager activities.
– Consider your own IBM Tivoli Access Manager project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Is maximizing IBM Tivoli Access Manager protection the same as minimizing IBM Tivoli Access Manager loss?
– How can skill-level changes improve IBM Tivoli Access Manager?
Authentication Critical Criteria:
Analyze Authentication projects and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Authentication results.
– Do we put an IAM architect in the IoT center of excellence? Hastily deployed pockets of identity infrastructure need to be maintained for the full lifetime of the devices. You do not want to set a presence of systems with low assurance levels that an organization later must handle. Do you need end-to-end authentication and authorization?
– Security and authentication technologies, allied to event logging, in the cloud computing environment can help auditors as they deal with issues related to workflow were those who entered, approved, changed or otherwise touched data authorized to do so, on an individual, group or role-related basis?
– Are we able to answer the question: given the answer to the authentication question, and any other information available about the entity, what functions and data items should be made available for this entitys use?
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your IBM Tivoli Access Manager processes?
– If wireless technology is used, is wi-fi protected access (wpa) technology implemented for encryption and authentication when wpa-capable?
– Are the firewall, router, wireless access points, and authentication server logs regularly reviewed for unauthorized traffic?
– What are the dangers to individuals and society inherent in any single centralized system of identity and authentication?
– Does remote server administration require multi-factor authentication of administrative users for systems and databases?
– User Authentication For External Connections: Are appropriate authentication methods used to control access by remote users?
– How strong are the controls in place to prevent people from bypassing authentication or authorization controls?
– Is there a IBM Tivoli Access Manager Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Question to cloud provider: What forms of strong authentication does your platform support?
– Does the cloud support the identity and authentication mechanism you require?
– Are the Microsoft Dynamics CRM authentication credentials valid?
– Is multi-factor authentication supported for provider services?
– Enable unix and linux authentication from active directory?
– What authentication servers and mechanisms are supported?
– Do you need end-to-end authentication and authorization?
– Will authentication strength vary by application type?
– What kind of user authentication?
Authorization Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Authorization engagements and know what your objective is.
– Having a process in place to manage identities and access to systems and applications sounds like an ideal situation. However, how can organizations ensure that people are not circumventing the process and adding their own accounts or the accounts of others without proper authorization or adherence to defined processes?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding IBM Tivoli Access Manager?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of IBM Tivoli Access Manager moving forward?
– Is there a need for an authorization scheme to protect tagging based on user roles?
– How can I centralize my authorization policy management for this interaction?
– Do changes to the firewall need authorization and are the changes logged?
– What best describes the authorization process in information security?
– How do you handle authorization to services?
Business software Critical Criteria:
Focus on Business software engagements and finalize specific methods for Business software acceptance.
– Think about the people you identified for your IBM Tivoli Access Manager project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Who needs to know about IBM Tivoli Access Manager ?
IBM Tivoli Access Manager for Enterprise Single Sign-On Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about IBM Tivoli Access Manager for Enterprise Single Sign-On engagements and look at it backwards.
– Do the IBM Tivoli Access Manager decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– How do we go about Comparing IBM Tivoli Access Manager approaches/solutions?
– What are current IBM Tivoli Access Manager Paradigms?
IBM Tivoli Identity Manager Critical Criteria:
Accumulate IBM Tivoli Identity Manager leadership and oversee IBM Tivoli Identity Manager management by competencies.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective IBM Tivoli Access Manager leader?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of IBM Tivoli Access Manager?
Microsoft Windows Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Microsoft Windows decisions and document what potential Microsoft Windows megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– What potential environmental factors impact the IBM Tivoli Access Manager effort?
– Will IBM Tivoli Access Manager deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Operating system Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Operating system engagements and differentiate in coordinating Operating system.
– If the firewall runs on an individual host for which all users are not trusted system administrators, how vulnerable is it to tampering by a user logged into the operating system running on the protected hosts?
– In a virtualized data center, guest operating system kernels were modified to eliminate the need for binary translation. which compute virtualization technique was used?
– What should an organization consider before migrating its applications and operating system to the public cloud to prevent vendor lock-in?
– What operating systems are used for student computers, devices, laptops, etc.?
– What operating system does your computer use?
– Is unauthorized access to operating systems prevented?
– What are our IBM Tivoli Access Manager Processes?
Solaris Critical Criteria:
Focus on Solaris visions and create a map for yourself.
– What are the key elements of your IBM Tivoli Access Manager performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– How can you negotiate IBM Tivoli Access Manager successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Is the scope of IBM Tivoli Access Manager defined?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the IBM Tivoli Access Manager Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
IBM Tivoli Access Manager External links:
[DOC]IBM Tivoli Access Manager for e-business – Oracle
IBM Tivoli Access Manager Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Authentication External links:
myFSU – Central Authentication Service
LOGSA Login and Authentication
UserWeb Authentication Redirect
Authorization External links:
CoverMyMeds Prior Authorization Software
Home – Prior Authorization Portal
Find and submit prior authorization forms – ApproveRx
Business software External links:
Business Software and Services Reviews | G2 Crowd
TotalFBO – Aviation Business Software
ConnectWise Business Software for Technology Providers
IBM Tivoli Access Manager for Enterprise Single Sign-On External links:
Buy a IBM Tivoli Access Manager for Enterprise Single Sign-On Suite – license + 1 or other Network Management Software at CDW.com
IBM Tivoli Access Manager for Enterprise Single Sign-On …
IBM Tivoli Identity Manager External links:
[PDF]IBM Tivoli Identity Manager 5.0 – Security Target
IBM Tivoli Identity Manager – Login
[PDF]IBM Tivoli Identity Manager
Operating system External links:
nCino Bank Operating System
Which Windows operating system am I running?
Find Out Which Operating System Is on My Computer …
Solaris External links:
Semper Solaris – Official Site
Solaris (2002) – IMDb