What is involved in Software development process
Find out what the related areas are that Software development process connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Software development process thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Software development process journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Software development process leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Software development process related domains to cover and 317 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Software development process, Waterfall model, Software development methodology, Unified Process, Continuous Delivery, Requirements engineering, Software development effort estimation, Graphical User Interface, Graphical user interface builder, Database Management System, Soft systems methodology, Booch method, Inner source, Software quality assurance, Incremental build model, Agile software development, IEEE Standards Association, Computer-aided software engineering, Acceptance test–driven development, Business process model, Stand-up meeting, Business system, Dynamic systems development method, Adaptive software development, Software framework, Software design, Enterprise Unified Process, Extreme programming, Cap Gemini SDM, Systems analysis, Large-Scale Scrum, Functional specification, Big Design Up Front, Edsger W. Dijkstra, Software prototyping, Structured systems analysis and design method, Programming tool, Structured technique, Rapid application development, Software development process, Software documentation, Peri Tarr, Software quality, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 7, Computer programming, Test-driven development, Computer Aided Software Engineering, System integration, Structured programming, Application release automation, Iterative development, Team software process, Software deployment, ISO/IEC 12207, Bertrand Meyer, Build automation, Slow movement, Enterprise architecture, Software engineering, Computer science, Software libraries, Method engineering, View model, Integrated development environment, Spiral model, Systems engineering, Watts Humphrey, Rational Unified Process, Risk management, Programming style, Joint application design, Data model:
Software development process Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Software development process visions and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Software development process projects.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Software development process is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Software development process processes?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Software development process into the services that we provide?
– Where does User Experience come from, what does it add to the software development process and what methods are available?
Waterfall model Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Waterfall model planning and devise Waterfall model key steps.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Software development process strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Consider your own Software development process project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
Software development methodology Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Software development methodology management and pay attention to the small things.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Software development process workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– What are our metrics to use to measure the performance of a team using agile software development methodology?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Software development process study?
– What will drive Software development process change?
Unified Process Critical Criteria:
Learn from Unified Process tactics and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Unified Process.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Software development process that make it risky?
– How do we measure improved Software development process service perception, and satisfaction?
Continuous Delivery Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Continuous Delivery planning and observe effective Continuous Delivery.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Software development process product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– A competitive edge, excellent. Focus on continuous delivery. Move on to continuous deployment because that is going to provide your business value. But look at your individual business. Look at your environment and say is that what gives us the competitive edge?
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Software development process in a volatile global economy?
– Does your organization run a Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) process?
– What vendors make products that address the Software development process needs?
– Does your organization hope to achieve continuous delivery?
Requirements engineering Critical Criteria:
Learn from Requirements engineering leadership and be persistent.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Software development process process?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Software development process?
– How can you measure Software development process in a systematic way?
Software development effort estimation Critical Criteria:
Frame Software development effort estimation issues and spearhead techniques for implementing Software development effort estimation.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Software development process is underway?
Graphical User Interface Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Graphical User Interface planning and get answers.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Software development process project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Software development process project lifecycle?
– What are internal and external Software development process relations?
– What are specific Software development process Rules to follow?
Graphical user interface builder Critical Criteria:
Guard Graphical user interface builder leadership and secure Graphical user interface builder creativity.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Software development process strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– In a project to restructure Software development process outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– How do we know that any Software development process analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Database Management System Critical Criteria:
Canvass Database Management System visions and figure out ways to motivate other Database Management System users.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Software development process models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Software development process process?
– What database management systems have been implemented?
– Are there Software development process problems defined?
Soft systems methodology Critical Criteria:
Refer to Soft systems methodology tactics and get out your magnifying glass.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Software development process project?
– Which Software development process goals are the most important?
– What are the long-term Software development process goals?
Booch method Critical Criteria:
Learn from Booch method management and finalize specific methods for Booch method acceptance.
– Are we Assessing Software development process and Risk?
– Is the scope of Software development process defined?
Inner source Critical Criteria:
Systematize Inner source tactics and observe effective Inner source.
– Think about the functions involved in your Software development process project. what processes flow from these functions?
– When a Software development process manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Software quality assurance Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Software quality assurance goals and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Software quality assurance.
– Does the software Quality Assurance function have a management reporting channel separate from the software development project management?
– Are software Quality Assurance tests a part of the general hardware acceptance test on the customers machine before it leaves the factory?
– Do software Quality Assurance test programs undergo the same production cycle and method (except q/a) as the software they test?
– Is software Quality Assurance done by an independently reporting agency representing the interests of the eventual user?
– Is at least one person engaged in software Quality Assurance for every ten engaged in its fabrication?
– What are the best practices for software quality assurance when using agile development methodologies?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Software development process moving forward?
– What business benefits will Software development process goals deliver if achieved?
– What threat is Software development process addressing?
Incremental build model Critical Criteria:
Debate over Incremental build model projects and do something to it.
– Does our organization need more Software development process education?
– How do we maintain Software development processs Integrity?
Agile software development Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Agile software development tasks and achieve a single Agile software development view and bringing data together.
– Imagine a scenario where you engage a software group to build a critical software system. Do you think you could provide every last detail the developers need to know right off the bat?
– How will nonfunctional requirements pertaining to availability, security, performance, and many other factors be addressed?
– How do agile methods support the principles of Agile Manifesto when using in-house software development methods?
– Is our organization clear about the relationship between agile software development and DevOps?
– Do we ask in the sprint retrospective: What went well during the sprint?
– To what level of detail will you capture the requirements, if at all?
– How do you develop requirements for agile software development?
– What technologies are available to support system development?
– How could principles be more precisely measured or valued?
– what is the minimum we can do to produce a quality product?
– What does it mean to scale agile solution delivery?
– So what do your developers do differently in agile?
– How large is the system that is being developed?
– What Can We Learn From a Theory of Complexity?
– What have you completed since yesterday?
– Does your team use Agile Methodology?
– How do engineers feel about it?
– What is our Agile methodology?
– What about large teams?
IEEE Standards Association Critical Criteria:
Accumulate IEEE Standards Association risks and oversee IEEE Standards Association management by competencies.
– Is there a Software development process Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Do the Software development process decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– How likely is the current Software development process plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Computer-aided software engineering Critical Criteria:
Deduce Computer-aided software engineering leadership and give examples utilizing a core of simple Computer-aided software engineering skills.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Software development process products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Software development process goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
Acceptance test–driven development Critical Criteria:
Survey Acceptance test–driven development issues and arbitrate Acceptance test–driven development techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– How will you know that the Software development process project has been successful?
– Who will provide the final approval of Software development process deliverables?
Business process model Critical Criteria:
Trace Business process model engagements and find the ideas you already have.
– Is Software development process dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– How to deal with Software development process Changes?
Stand-up meeting Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Stand-up meeting tactics and raise human resource and employment practices for Stand-up meeting.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Software development process? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What is the purpose of Software development process in relation to the mission?
– Stand-up meeting time and format?
Business system Critical Criteria:
Analyze Business system risks and get going.
– Think about the people you identified for your Software development process project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Is Cybersecurity integrated between business systems and control systems?
– How do we Lead with Software development process in Mind?
Dynamic systems development method Critical Criteria:
Confer over Dynamic systems development method issues and intervene in Dynamic systems development method processes and leadership.
– Do those selected for the Software development process team have a good general understanding of what Software development process is all about?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Software development process objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– What about Software development process Analysis of results?
Adaptive software development Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Adaptive software development projects and customize techniques for implementing Adaptive software development controls.
– Which customers cant participate in our Software development process domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Is Supporting Software development process documentation required?
Software framework Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Software framework failures and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Have all basic functions of Software development process been defined?
– Who sets the Software development process standards?
– Why are Software development process skills important?
Software design Critical Criteria:
Survey Software design management and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Software design information.
– Is maximizing Software development process protection the same as minimizing Software development process loss?
Enterprise Unified Process Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Enterprise Unified Process projects and display thorough understanding of the Enterprise Unified Process process.
– Does Software development process analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Extreme programming Critical Criteria:
Track Extreme programming strategies and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Extreme programming decisions.
– what is the best design framework for Software development process organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Why should we adopt a Software development process framework?
– How Extreme Does Extreme Programming Have to Be?
– When using Extreme Programming?
– What Is Extreme Programming?
Cap Gemini SDM Critical Criteria:
Focus on Cap Gemini SDM goals and proactively manage Cap Gemini SDM risks.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Software development process project manager?
– How would one define Software development process leadership?
Systems analysis Critical Criteria:
Explore Systems analysis tasks and remodel and develop an effective Systems analysis strategy.
– Can you think of situations that might fail the technical, organizational, or economic feasibility criteria?
– What criteria are most appropriate for assessing whether the systems attainments are adequate?
– What political support and opposition is likely to arise in response to reform proposals?
– What service providers would be able to build this application if outsourced?
– What other policies or regulations are relevant to the steps in this process?
– Why is the systems development life cycle considered an iterative process?
– What important aspects need to be considered during a feasibility study?
– Is this an acceptable application of a disruptive technology?
– Technical feasibility. is the solution technically practical?
– What is the basic framework for feasibility analysis?
– What are the project development team s roles?
– What other people take part in this system?
– What are the steering committee s roles?
– Systems Analysis and design: what is it?
– Which organizational units affected?
– Can the process be simplified?
– Can something be combined?
– Can a step be eliminated?
– How will the system work?
Large-Scale Scrum Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Large-Scale Scrum planning and display thorough understanding of the Large-Scale Scrum process.
– What are the key elements of your Software development process performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
Functional specification Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Functional specification visions and test out new things.
– Are accountability and ownership for Software development process clearly defined?
Big Design Up Front Critical Criteria:
Check Big Design Up Front projects and create Big Design Up Front explanations for all managers.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Software development process project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– How important is Software development process to the user organizations mission?
Edsger W. Dijkstra Critical Criteria:
Confer over Edsger W. Dijkstra planning and get the big picture.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Software development process ?
Software prototyping Critical Criteria:
Group Software prototyping engagements and get the big picture.
– What are the business goals Software development process is aiming to achieve?
Structured systems analysis and design method Critical Criteria:
Frame Structured systems analysis and design method planning and explore and align the progress in Structured systems analysis and design method.
– Will Software development process have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
Programming tool Critical Criteria:
Map Programming tool strategies and triple focus on important concepts of Programming tool relationship management.
Structured technique Critical Criteria:
Systematize Structured technique visions and define what our big hairy audacious Structured technique goal is.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Software development process processes?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Software development process delivery for example is new software needed?
Rapid application development Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Rapid application development engagements and correct better engagement with Rapid application development results.
– Which systems play a pivotal role in our organizations continued operations and goal attainment?
– Which systems play a pivotal role in an organizations continued operations and goal attainment?
– What type of feasibility is concerned with whether the project can be completed on time?
– What new hardware, software, databases or procedures will improve an existing system?
– What type of feasibility is concerned with whether the project makes financial sense?
– Operational feasibility -will the solution fulfill the users requirements?
– What sets of objectives are important to our systems development project?
– Did usability perceptions change during the rad proces?
– Is the system large and can it be sensibly split up?
– Who are the potential users of the new application?
– What are the potential costs (variable and fixed)?
– How can you tell when a system is successful ?
– How do you decide that a system needs rework?
– What is a key aspect of prototyping?
– How time-constrained is the project?
– Is the system heavy on computation?
– Why are sdlcs important?
– Is it applicable?
Software development process Critical Criteria:
Consider Software development process decisions and document what potential Software development process megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Software development process? There might be some that are less obvious?
– What are the usability implications of Software development process actions?
Software documentation Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Software documentation adoptions and tour deciding if Software documentation progress is made.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Software development process?
Peri Tarr Critical Criteria:
Audit Peri Tarr risks and shift your focus.
– Are there recognized Software development process problems?
Software quality Critical Criteria:
Boost Software quality risks and create Software quality explanations for all managers.
– Do we monitor the Software development process decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– The need for high-quality software is glaring. But what constitutes software quality?
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 7 Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 7 results and define what do we need to start doing with ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 7.
Computer programming Critical Criteria:
Explore Computer programming tasks and tour deciding if Computer programming progress is made.
– Are there Software development process Models?
Test-driven development Critical Criteria:
Devise Test-driven development engagements and sort Test-driven development activities.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Software development process with what users do day-to-day?
Computer Aided Software Engineering Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Computer Aided Software Engineering adoptions and find the ideas you already have.
– What are the barriers to increased Software development process production?
– How do we go about Securing Software development process?
System integration Critical Criteria:
Refer to System integration tactics and point out improvements in System integration.
– What are the disruptive Software development process technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Software development process activities?
– How do we Identify specific Software development process investment and emerging trends?
– How do you address back-end system integration?
Structured programming Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Structured programming strategies and do something to it.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Software development process forward?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Software development process requirements in detail?
Application release automation Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Application release automation decisions and triple focus on important concepts of Application release automation relationship management.
Iterative development Critical Criteria:
Match Iterative development engagements and remodel and develop an effective Iterative development strategy.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Software development process processes of our organization?
– Who needs to know about Software development process ?
– How can we improve Software development process?
Team software process Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Team software process planning and report on the economics of relationships managing Team software process and constraints.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Software development process objectives?
– Do we all define Software development process in the same way?
Software deployment Critical Criteria:
Read up on Software deployment risks and assess what counts with Software deployment that we are not counting.
– How do we manage Software development process Knowledge Management (KM)?
ISO/IEC 12207 Critical Criteria:
Grade ISO/IEC 12207 quality and assess and formulate effective operational and ISO/IEC 12207 strategies.
– Do Software development process rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Bertrand Meyer Critical Criteria:
Confer over Bertrand Meyer leadership and devise Bertrand Meyer key steps.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Software development process process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Software development process process available?
Build automation Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Build automation engagements and proactively manage Build automation risks.
Slow movement Critical Criteria:
Read up on Slow movement engagements and gather practices for scaling Slow movement.
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Own Enterprise architecture strategies and optimize Enterprise architecture leadership as a key to advancement.
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Software engineering Critical Criteria:
Confer over Software engineering quality and assess what counts with Software engineering that we are not counting.
– DevOps isnt really a product. Its not something you can buy. DevOps is fundamentally about culture and about the quality of your application. And by quality I mean the specific software engineering term of quality, of different quality attributes. What matters to you?
– Can we answer questions like: Was the software process followed and software engineering standards been properly applied?
– Is open source software development faster, better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Software development process been identified and analyzed?
– Have you identified your Software development process key performance indicators?
– Better, and cheaper than software engineering?
Computer science Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Computer science outcomes and oversee Computer science requirements.
Software libraries Critical Criteria:
Mix Software libraries tasks and oversee Software libraries requirements.
Method engineering Critical Criteria:
Investigate Method engineering outcomes and stake your claim.
– In the case of a Software development process project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Software development process project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Software development process project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Software development process services/products?
View model Critical Criteria:
Check View model adoptions and pay attention to the small things.
– What is the source of the strategies for Software development process strengthening and reform?
Integrated development environment Critical Criteria:
Talk about Integrated development environment visions and mentor Integrated development environment customer orientation.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Software development process agendas for the next 3 years?
– Is a Software development process Team Work effort in place?
Spiral model Critical Criteria:
Discourse Spiral model quality and separate what are the business goals Spiral model is aiming to achieve.
– Does Software development process appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Systems engineering Critical Criteria:
Analyze Systems engineering leadership and shift your focus.
– The approach of traditional Software development process works for detail complexity but is focused on a systematic approach rather than an understanding of the nature of systems themselves. what approach will permit us to deal with the kind of unpredictable emergent behaviors that dynamic complexity can introduce?
– When observing natural systems, complexity theorists can identify, to some degree, which systems have these features. to apply complexity theory to engineered systems that we have not yet designed, can we predict these features within acceptable accuracy ranges?
– If you had to recreate the system at a certain state in its life cycle or duplicate the deployed system in the test lab to check out a fault, would you have all of the configuration data and documentation version information you would need to do so?
– Regarding the way the system is formed and operates and the scale of interest; e.g., are we interested in complexity at the level of atoms or of cells or of organs?
– How do you know that your project team members are following the documented cm processes to establish the baseline and control changes to it?
– Is the project using any technologies that have not been widely deployed or that the project team is unfamiliar with?
– How are you going to know that the system is performing correctly once it is operational?
– Is the funding for the project secure, or is only part of it in place?
– Has organization developed a plan for continuous improvement?
– How will the system be developed, operated, and maintained?
– What is the geographic and physical extent of the system?
– How do functions occur between parts of the system?
– Who will use the systems engineering plan (sep)?
– What solution options may be appropriate?
– How much systems engineering is enough?
– What priorities are appropriate?
– Why model-based architectures?
– How does it all fit together?
– Deliver interim releases?
– What option is best?
Watts Humphrey Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Watts Humphrey outcomes and separate what are the business goals Watts Humphrey is aiming to achieve.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Software development process?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Software development process leaders?
Rational Unified Process Critical Criteria:
Trace Rational Unified Process goals and slay a dragon.
– In what ways are Software development process vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Software development process move?
Risk management Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Risk management visions and pioneer acquisition of Risk management systems.
– There are two philosophical approaches to implementing Cybersecurity on an intelligent, networked grid: create a checklist of actions to take that address known security problems or prioritize actions based on continually refreshing the answer to the question, What makes my system more secure? Which approach do wo take?
– What is the framework we use for general Cybersecurity certifications that integrate both knowledge and skill while predicting constraints of innate abilities on performance, and do we need specific certifications?
– Is a technical solution for data loss prevention -i.e., systems designed to automatically monitor for data leakage -considered essential to enterprise risk management?
– By what percentage do you estimate your companys financial investment in ITRM activities will change in the next 12 months?
– What are the impacts of current risk management decisions on future options for risk management?
– Has our company undergone a whole-system, comprehensive Cybersecurity audit or assessment?
– Are any problems that cause schedule slips identified as risks prior to their occurrence?
– Do your response plans include lessons learned and mechanisms for continual improvement?
– Do we have sufficient internal security leadership to implement programs?
– Does senior leadership have access to Cybersecurity risk information?
– What are the basics of Software development process fraud?
– How often are personnel trained in this procedure?
– How are risks currently identified, assigned and mitigated?
– Is the Cybersecurity policy reviewed or audited?
– Are we working on the right risks?
– What are the companys top risks?
– What is meant by managing risk?
– What s At Risk?
– What is a risk?
Programming style Critical Criteria:
Gauge Programming style management and correct better engagement with Programming style results.
– Is there any existing Software development process governance structure?
Joint application design Critical Criteria:
Group Joint application design visions and remodel and develop an effective Joint application design strategy.
– Many teams will find that informal modeling sessions around whiteboards will be sufficient, although sometimes more formal modeling sessions, such as Joint Application Design (JAD) strategies or stakeholder interviews will work best. How will nonfunctional requirements pertaining to availability, security, performance, and many other factors be addressed?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Software development process, including any consulting or professional services?
Data model Critical Criteria:
Track Data model issues and prioritize challenges of Data model.
– What are the data model, data definitions, structure, and hosting options of purchased applications (COTS)?
– What is the physical data model definition (derived from logical data models) used to design the database?
– Physical data model available?
– Logical data model available?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Software development process Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Software development process External links:
What is Software Development Process? – Definition …
Waterfall model External links:
Requirements Management Using Waterfall Model
Waterfall Model: What Is It and When Should You Use It?
How to make a realistic waterfall model – YouTube
Software development methodology External links:
CISA Exam-Software Development Methodology …
What is the Best Software Development Methodology for …
CIS 610 | Software Development Methodology – CSU Online
Unified Process External links:
When should we use Rational Unified Process? – Quora
What is Rational Unified Process (RUP)? Webopedia Definition
The Four Phases | Overview of the Unified Process | InformIT
Continuous Delivery External links:
Continuous Delivery Pipeline – Scaled Agile Framework
GoCD – Open Source Continuous Delivery and Automation …
What is Continuous Delivery? | DevOps – Visual Studio
Requirements engineering External links:
Requirements Engineering (eBook, 2002) [WorldCat.org]
[PDF]Collaborative Requirements Engineering – NIST
Graphical User Interface External links:
Graphical user interface
http://In computer science, a graphical user interface or GUI, pronounced /ˈɡuːi/ (“gooey”) is a type of interface that allows users to interact with electronic devices through graphical icons and visual indicators such as secondary notation, as opposed to text-based interfaces, typed command labels or text navigation.
SE Example – I-15 Graphical User Interface Requirements
Graphical user interface builder External links:
Graphical user interface builder – YouTube
A graphical user interface builder for Tk – dl.acm.org
[PDF]GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE BUILDER GNUSTEP
Database Management System External links:
Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) – …
ChurchSuite – Church Database Management System
Database Management System – Lucidea
Soft systems methodology External links:
[PDF]Soft Systems Methodology and Problem Framing: …
Booch method External links:
The Booch method – Association for Computing Machinery
Booch method – Revolvy
Inner source External links:
Inner Source Health | Dr. Pina LoGiudice ND, LAc
Inner Source Wellness Chiropractic & Craniosacral Wellness
Inner Source Health | Dr. Peter Bongiorno ND, LAc
Software quality assurance External links:
15-1199.01 – Software Quality Assurance Engineers and …
What does a Software Quality Assurance Engineer do?
[PDF]Software Quality Assurance Plan – US Department of …
Incremental build model External links:
Incremental Build Model – YouTube
Incremental build model by John Brock on Prezi
Incremental build model – YouTube
Agile software development External links:
What is Agile Software Development? | Agile Alliance
8 Benefits of Agile Software Development | Segue …
Best documentation practices in agile software development
IEEE Standards Association External links:
[PDF]IEEE Standards Association Governance Meetings …
IEEE Standards Association – Sign In
IEEE Standards Association – Documents
Business process model External links:
[DOC]Business Process Model Template
Business Process Modeling – WhatIs.com
Stand-up meeting External links:
Agile Methods – Scrum – The Daily Stand-Up Meeting – YouTube
5 Steps to Running an Effective Daily Stand-up Meeting
Business system External links:
Diversity Management Business System
MISD Core Business System
Dynamic systems development method External links:
Dynamic Systems Development Method (DSDM)
Dynamic Systems Development Method (DSDM) – Prezi
Dynamic Systems Development Method – YouTube
Adaptive software development External links:
An adaptive software development process model – …
Adaptive Software Development Tutorial – tutorialspoint.com
Adaptive Software Development by Danny Clements on Prezi
Software framework External links:
What is Software Framework? – Definition from Techopedia
Software design External links:
MjM Software Design
Devbridge – Custom software design and development
Web and Mobile Software Design, Development, and Support
Extreme programming External links:
What is Extreme Programming? (XP) | Process Maturity | FAQ
What is Extreme Programming (XP)? | Agile Alliance
Cap Gemini SDM External links:
Cap Gemini SDM – WOW.com
Cap Gemini SDM – Sensagent.com
http://dictionary.sensagent.com/cap gemini sdm/en-en
Systems analysis External links:
Measurement Systems Analysis in Process Industries
http://www.isixsigma.com › … › Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA)/Gage R&R
My Systems Analysis Ch. 12 Flashcards | Quizlet
[PDF]SYSTEMS ANALYSIS – WHAT, WHY AND HOW
Large-Scale Scrum External links:
Introduction to LeSS (Large-Scale Scrum) – Dawson – YouTube
Large-Scale Scrum – Craig Larman
Functional specification External links:
Process 2: Write the Functional Specification
What Goes Into a Functional Specification? – Bridging the Gap
Functional Specification – technet.microsoft.com
Big Design Up Front External links:
[PPT]TL15: Architecture Without Big Design Up Front
Architecture without Big Design Up Front | pdc2008 | Channel 9
Big Design Up Front – Enterprise UX – Medium
Edsger W. Dijkstra External links:
Edsger W. Dijkstra – Scientist | Facebook
Edsger W. Dijkstra on Dutch TV – YouTube
Wins Second Edsger W. Dijkstra Prize | Brown University
Software prototyping External links:
Software Prototyping Engineer – Jeppesen Careers
Skill Pages – Software prototyping | Dice.com
GUI Design and Software Prototyping Tools – Caretta Software
Structured systems analysis and design method External links:
Structured Systems Analysis and Design Method (SSADM)
Programming tool External links:
MAX WITH OBDII Diagnostic & Programming Tool | The …
ATEQ VT36 TPMS Programming Tool – Tire Rack
Rapid application development External links:
Pega 7 Platform: Rapid Application Development | Pega
RAD (rapid application development) – Gartner IT Glossary
Software development process External links:
What is Software Development Process? – Definition …
Software documentation External links:
Software Documentation – FIREHOUSE Software®
Software Documentation – help.baiworks.com
How to Write Software Documentation: 8 Steps (with Pictures)
Peri Tarr External links:
Peri Tarr, IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
http://Peri Tarr received her BS in Zoology from the University of Massachusetts Amherst in 1986, and her MS and PhD in Computer Science from the University of Massachusetts Amherst. Between her BS and MS/PhD, she worked full-time at the University of Massachusetts Physical Plant, attempting to introduce an automated system to help with the Plant’s operations. After receiving her PhD, she joined the IBM Thomas J. Watson Research Center as a Research Staff Member in 1996, where she worked on and led various projects relating to issues of software composition, morphogenic software, and aspect-oriented software development.
Software quality External links:
Software Quality Assurance Engineer Job Description
iSQI (International Software Quality Institute)
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 7 External links:
[PDF]ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 7 N XXXX 2 Date: 2007-06-15 – IEEE-SA
IEC – ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 7 Dashboard > Scope
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 7 – Software and systems engineering
http://www.iso.org › … › Standards catalogue › Browse by TC › ISO/IEC JTC 1
Computer programming External links:
Computer Programming, Robotics & Engineering – STEM …
Computer Aided Software Engineering External links:
[PDF]C.A.S.E Computer Aided Software Engineering – Oracle
Computer Aided Software Engineering – YouTube
System integration External links:
Smart Grid Solutions | Smart Grid System Integration Services
Structured programming External links:
What is Structured Programming? – Definition from Techopedia
CIS 261 – Structured Programming in C – Acalog ACMS™
What is Structured Programming? – Definition from …
Application release automation External links:
Application Release Automation | ARCAD Software
Application Release Automation – CA Technologies
Application Release Automation (ARA) – Gartner IT Glossary
Iterative development External links:
04. Iterative Development | MP – mplaza.pm
Iterative Development | Agile Business Consortium
What is iterative development? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Team software process External links:
Team Software Process | Overview
[PDF]Team Software Process (TSP) – Georgia Tech STAR …
The Team Software Process | Software Engineering – Scribd
Software deployment External links:
Software Deployment – PC Power Management – IT …
Software Deployment Testing – University of Nevada, Reno
Ultimate Software Deployment Checklist & Deployment Plan
ISO/IEC 12207 External links:
ISO/IEC 12207:2008 System Life Cycle Processes
ISO/IEC 15288 and ISO/IEC 12207 Checklist Kit
http://The ISO/IEC 12207 Systems and software engineering – Software life cycle processes is an international standard for software lifecycle processes. It aims to be the standard that defines all the tasks required for developing and maintaining software.
Bertrand Meyer External links:
Bertrand Meyer – The Mathematics Genealogy Project
Bertrand Meyer (@Bertrand_Meyer) | Twitter
Bertrand Meyer – Official Site
Build automation External links:
Best Build Automation Software in 2018 | G2 Crowd
What is Build Automation / Automated Build? | Agile Alliance
Slow movement External links:
About Us – StrengthTime Slow Movement Strength Training
Why Slow Movement Builds Coordination — BETTER …
what is a very slow movement of rock downhill – Brainly.com
Enterprise architecture External links:
Enterprise Architecture – EA – Gartner IT Glossary
Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA) | The White House
Software engineering External links:
Academy for Software Engineering / Homepage
Software Engineering Institute
Computer science External links:
College of Engineering and Computer Science – CECS
USF Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering
Learn | Computer Science Education Week
Software libraries External links:
software libraries | Liudr’s Blog
eCabinet Systems Software Libraries
Software Libraries – Home | Microchip Technology Inc.
Method engineering External links:
Green Method Engineering Pvt. Ltd – Home | Facebook
View model External links:
My View model position for CS:GO – Steam Community
TF2: The View Model Challenge! – YouTube
Integrated development environment External links:
Integrated Development Environment – Green Hills MULTI
Integrated Development Environment Elements
Spiral model External links:
Create Spiral Model in PowerPoint Easily
Spiral Model : Advantages and Disadvantages ~ I …
Boehm’s Spiral Model Flashcards | Quizlet
Systems engineering External links:
Systems Engineering and Operations Research
Industrial, Manufacturing, & Systems Engineering – UTA
Systems Engineering Services
Watts Humphrey External links:
g. watts humphrey jr. – Horse Racing News | Paulick Report
G. Watts Humphrey Jr. Headlines – Page 1 of 1 – BloodHorse
George Watts Humphrey Jr. – Wealth-X Dossier
Rational Unified Process External links:
The Rational Unified Process for testers – IBM
When should we use Rational Unified Process? – Quora
What is Rational Unified Process (RUP)? Webopedia Definition
Risk management External links:
Global Supply Chain Risk Management Solutions | Avetta
http://Risk management is the identification, assessment, and prioritization of risks (defined in ISO 31000 as the effect of uncertainty on objectives) followed by coordinated and economical application of resources to minimize, monitor, and control the probability and/or impact of unfortunate events or to maximize the realization of opportunities.
Education Risk Management | Edu Risk Solutions
Programming style External links:
[PDF]MATLAB Programming Style Guidelines – Columbia …
Joe Celko’s SQL Programming Style – ScienceDirect
Programming Style Guide | SIUE Computer Science
Joint application design External links:
Joint Application Design/Development
Joint Application Design Jobs – Apply Now | CareerBuilder
Data model External links:
Analysis Data Model (ADaM) | CDISC