What is involved in Windows Security
Find out what the related areas are that Windows Security connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Windows Security thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Windows Security journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Windows Security leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Windows Security related domains to cover and 140 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Windows Security, Driver Verifier, Windows Mixed Reality, Shadow Copy, Microsoft Hearts, Features new to Windows 7, File Allocation Table, Windows NT, Service Control Manager, Video for Windows, Remote Installation Services, Windows NT startup process, Application programming interface, Windows Photo Gallery, ActiveX Document, Encrypting File System, Control Panel, Chess Titans, Windows Task Scheduler, Windows Desktop Gadgets, Object Manager, Enhanced Write Filter, Internet Information Services, Common Log File System, Windows Defender, Windows 10 Creators Update, Windows Aero, Windows Hardware Error Architecture, Windows System Resource Manager, Microsoft account, Microsoft DNS, Background Intelligent Transfer Service, Microsoft POSIX subsystem, Task View, Installable File System, Win32 console, Microsoft Write, Device Manager, Remote Desktop Services, Microsoft Solitaire Collection, Windows Photo Viewer, Microsoft Store, Microsoft Solitaire, Voice Recorder, Sticky Notes, Windows Story Remix, Performance Monitor, Microsoft SharePoint, Full Tilt! Pinball, Microsoft Transaction Server, Wireless Zero Configuration, COM Structured Storage, Windows CardSpace, MSN Dial-up, Computer game, Recovery Console, Graphics Device Interface, Windows Subsystem for Linux:
Windows Security Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Windows Security tasks and probe Windows Security strategic alliances.
– Which customers cant participate in our Windows Security domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Windows Security strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Windows Security project?
Driver Verifier Critical Criteria:
Survey Driver Verifier issues and catalog Driver Verifier activities.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Windows Security does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Windows Security project?
Windows Mixed Reality Critical Criteria:
Mix Windows Mixed Reality results and overcome Windows Mixed Reality skills and management ineffectiveness.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Windows Security processes of our organization?
– Are there Windows Security problems defined?
Shadow Copy Critical Criteria:
Pilot Shadow Copy goals and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Shadow Copy.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Windows Security that make it risky?
Microsoft Hearts Critical Criteria:
Graph Microsoft Hearts engagements and tour deciding if Microsoft Hearts progress is made.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Windows Security product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Windows Security is underway?
– How can you measure Windows Security in a systematic way?
Features new to Windows 7 Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Features new to Windows 7 decisions and research ways can we become the Features new to Windows 7 company that would put us out of business.
– What are the disruptive Windows Security technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– In what ways are Windows Security vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Will Windows Security deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
File Allocation Table Critical Criteria:
Revitalize File Allocation Table goals and finalize the present value of growth of File Allocation Table.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Windows Security? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What vendors make products that address the Windows Security needs?
Windows NT Critical Criteria:
Reason over Windows NT governance and shift your focus.
– How will you measure your Windows Security effectiveness?
– Is a Windows Security Team Work effort in place?
Service Control Manager Critical Criteria:
Depict Service Control Manager goals and achieve a single Service Control Manager view and bringing data together.
– Are accountability and ownership for Windows Security clearly defined?
– What are the long-term Windows Security goals?
– Who sets the Windows Security standards?
Video for Windows Critical Criteria:
Systematize Video for Windows leadership and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Video for Windows.
– Does Windows Security systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Why is Windows Security important for you now?
Remote Installation Services Critical Criteria:
Depict Remote Installation Services visions and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Remote Installation Services projects.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Windows Security values?
Windows NT startup process Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Windows NT startup process adoptions and remodel and develop an effective Windows NT startup process strategy.
– Is Windows Security dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– What are the short and long-term Windows Security goals?
Application programming interface Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Application programming interface decisions and interpret which customers can’t participate in Application programming interface because they lack skills.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Windows Security leaders?
– Can we do Windows Security without complex (expensive) analysis?
– What business benefits will Windows Security goals deliver if achieved?
Windows Photo Gallery Critical Criteria:
X-ray Windows Photo Gallery adoptions and triple focus on important concepts of Windows Photo Gallery relationship management.
– What are the business goals Windows Security is aiming to achieve?
– Have all basic functions of Windows Security been defined?
ActiveX Document Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot ActiveX Document planning and prioritize challenges of ActiveX Document.
– Are we Assessing Windows Security and Risk?
Encrypting File System Critical Criteria:
Boost Encrypting File System decisions and look at it backwards.
– How likely is the current Windows Security plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Windows Security move?
– Do we all define Windows Security in the same way?
Control Panel Critical Criteria:
Trace Control Panel outcomes and adjust implementation of Control Panel.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Windows Security requirements in detail?
– Are assumptions made in Windows Security stated explicitly?
Chess Titans Critical Criteria:
Devise Chess Titans outcomes and perfect Chess Titans conflict management.
Windows Task Scheduler Critical Criteria:
Examine Windows Task Scheduler issues and prioritize challenges of Windows Task Scheduler.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Windows Security opportunities costing us money?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Windows Security objectives?
Windows Desktop Gadgets Critical Criteria:
Audit Windows Desktop Gadgets visions and display thorough understanding of the Windows Desktop Gadgets process.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Windows Security workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Windows Security process?
– How do we go about Comparing Windows Security approaches/solutions?
Object Manager Critical Criteria:
Drive Object Manager risks and attract Object Manager skills.
– Does Windows Security create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
Enhanced Write Filter Critical Criteria:
Match Enhanced Write Filter visions and explain and analyze the challenges of Enhanced Write Filter.
– What is the source of the strategies for Windows Security strengthening and reform?
– Does the Windows Security task fit the clients priorities?
Internet Information Services Critical Criteria:
Nurse Internet Information Services visions and stake your claim.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Windows Security project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Windows Security leader?
– How do we keep improving Windows Security?
Common Log File System Critical Criteria:
Own Common Log File System risks and look for lots of ideas.
– Who needs to know about Windows Security ?
Windows Defender Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Windows Defender quality and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Windows Defender projects.
– Think about the people you identified for your Windows Security project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Windows Security?
– How much does Windows Security help?
Windows 10 Creators Update Critical Criteria:
Administer Windows 10 Creators Update governance and plan concise Windows 10 Creators Update education.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Windows Security?
Windows Aero Critical Criteria:
Mine Windows Aero goals and assess what counts with Windows Aero that we are not counting.
– How do we measure improved Windows Security service perception, and satisfaction?
– What threat is Windows Security addressing?
Windows Hardware Error Architecture Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Windows Hardware Error Architecture tactics and plan concise Windows Hardware Error Architecture education.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Windows Security processes?
– Does Windows Security analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Windows System Resource Manager Critical Criteria:
Reason over Windows System Resource Manager tactics and look at the big picture.
– What potential environmental factors impact the Windows Security effort?
– How do we go about Securing Windows Security?
Microsoft account Critical Criteria:
Value Microsoft account planning and proactively manage Microsoft account risks.
Microsoft DNS Critical Criteria:
Sort Microsoft DNS visions and gather practices for scaling Microsoft DNS.
– Is there any existing Windows Security governance structure?
Background Intelligent Transfer Service Critical Criteria:
Explore Background Intelligent Transfer Service failures and do something to it.
– How do we know that any Windows Security analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Microsoft POSIX subsystem Critical Criteria:
Detail Microsoft POSIX subsystem visions and get answers.
– what is the best design framework for Windows Security organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– What will drive Windows Security change?
Task View Critical Criteria:
Meet over Task View visions and remodel and develop an effective Task View strategy.
– What are the Essentials of Internal Windows Security Management?
Installable File System Critical Criteria:
Consult on Installable File System tasks and adjust implementation of Installable File System.
– Is the Windows Security organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
Win32 console Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Win32 console decisions and pioneer acquisition of Win32 console systems.
– What are all of our Windows Security domains and what do they do?
– How do we Lead with Windows Security in Mind?
Microsoft Write Critical Criteria:
Judge Microsoft Write quality and transcribe Microsoft Write as tomorrows backbone for success.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Windows Security project manager?
– Think of your Windows Security project. what are the main functions?
Device Manager Critical Criteria:
Add value to Device Manager results and stake your claim.
– How can you negotiate Windows Security successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
Remote Desktop Services Critical Criteria:
Check Remote Desktop Services risks and oversee Remote Desktop Services requirements.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Windows Security into the services that we provide?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Windows Security moving forward?
– Which statement is true about remote desktop services (rds)?
Microsoft Solitaire Collection Critical Criteria:
Match Microsoft Solitaire Collection risks and report on developing an effective Microsoft Solitaire Collection strategy.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Windows Security processes?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Windows Security been identified and analyzed?
Windows Photo Viewer Critical Criteria:
Analyze Windows Photo Viewer failures and stake your claim.
– What are current Windows Security Paradigms?
Microsoft Store Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Microsoft Store adoptions and catalog Microsoft Store activities.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Windows Security project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Windows Security project lifecycle?
Microsoft Solitaire Critical Criteria:
Focus on Microsoft Solitaire risks and correct Microsoft Solitaire management by competencies.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Windows Security services/products?
– To what extent does management recognize Windows Security as a tool to increase the results?
Voice Recorder Critical Criteria:
Check Voice Recorder issues and do something to it.
– Think about the functions involved in your Windows Security project. what processes flow from these functions?
– How do we maintain Windows Securitys Integrity?
Sticky Notes Critical Criteria:
Analyze Sticky Notes adoptions and adopt an insight outlook.
– Who will provide the final approval of Windows Security deliverables?
– Popularity of password sticky notes?
Windows Story Remix Critical Criteria:
Examine Windows Story Remix management and raise human resource and employment practices for Windows Story Remix.
Performance Monitor Critical Criteria:
Rank Performance Monitor leadership and oversee Performance Monitor management by competencies.
Microsoft SharePoint Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Microsoft SharePoint outcomes and correct Microsoft SharePoint management by competencies.
– What are the key elements of your Windows Security performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– How will you know that the Windows Security project has been successful?
– How to Secure Windows Security?
Full Tilt! Pinball Critical Criteria:
Study Full Tilt! Pinball risks and assess and formulate effective operational and Full Tilt! Pinball strategies.
– Are there Windows Security Models?
Microsoft Transaction Server Critical Criteria:
Graph Microsoft Transaction Server risks and define Microsoft Transaction Server competency-based leadership.
Wireless Zero Configuration Critical Criteria:
Deduce Wireless Zero Configuration goals and finalize the present value of growth of Wireless Zero Configuration.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Windows Security strengthening and reform actually originate?
– How important is Windows Security to the user organizations mission?
– Do Windows Security rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
COM Structured Storage Critical Criteria:
Contribute to COM Structured Storage leadership and look for lots of ideas.
– Does Windows Security analysis show the relationships among important Windows Security factors?
– What are the barriers to increased Windows Security production?
– Which Windows Security goals are the most important?
Windows CardSpace Critical Criteria:
Adapt Windows CardSpace visions and transcribe Windows CardSpace as tomorrows backbone for success.
MSN Dial-up Critical Criteria:
Match MSN Dial-up projects and document what potential MSN Dial-up megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Windows Security agendas for the next 3 years?
Computer game Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Computer game visions and finalize the present value of growth of Computer game.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Windows Security objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Windows Security study?
– Does our organization need more Windows Security education?
Recovery Console Critical Criteria:
Dissect Recovery Console tasks and assess what counts with Recovery Console that we are not counting.
Graphics Device Interface Critical Criteria:
Reason over Graphics Device Interface adoptions and define what do we need to start doing with Graphics Device Interface.
Windows Subsystem for Linux Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Windows Subsystem for Linux goals and gather Windows Subsystem for Linux models .
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Windows Security Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Windows Security External links:
Service does not start after Windows Security Update
Ultimate Windows Security – Official Site
Driver Verifier External links:
Driver Verifier – revolvy.com
Windows Mixed Reality External links:
HP Windows Mixed Reality Headset | HP® Official Site
Windows Mixed Reality ready PCs and Headsets | Windows
Set up Windows Mixed Reality – Windows Help
Shadow Copy External links:
Hyper-V backup job fails to create shadow copy with default shadow storage limit
When you use the Volume Shadow Copy Service on …
Download Shadow Copy Client: Accessing Shadow Copies …
Microsoft Hearts External links:
How to get Microsoft Hearts in Windows 7 – Quora
Is it true that Microsoft Hearts cheats? – Quora
Microsoft Hearts | Gizmo’s Freeware
Features new to Windows 7 External links:
Features new to Windows 7 – revolvy.com
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Features new to Windows 7
Free Features New To Windows 7 Essays
File Allocation Table External links:
File Allocation Table – Βικιπαίδεια
[PDF]index.php?title=File Allocation Table – Dan Kohn
File Allocation Table | File System | Filename
Windows NT External links:
Download Windows NT Backup – Restore Utility from …
Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 6a Available
WinWorld: Windows NT 4.0 4.0
Video for Windows External links:
PressPlay: Video for Windows 8 – Free Download
Remote Installation Services External links:
Remote Installation Services Tools and Settings
What Is Remote Installation Services? – technet.microsoft.com
Remote Installation Services – msdn.microsoft.com
Windows NT startup process External links:
Windows NT startup process – revolvy.com
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Windows NT startup process
Windows NT Startup Process – [DOCX Document]
Windows NT startup process – AnVir
Application programming interface External links:
What is the TPAM Application Programming Interface …
Windows Photo Gallery External links:
Wallside Windows Photo Gallery — Wallside Windows®
How to Use Windows Photo Gallery: 11 Steps (with Pictures)
Can’t preview pictures in Windows Photo Gallery in …
ActiveX Document External links:
Creating an ActiveX Document – msdn.microsoft.com
Parts of an ActiveX Document – msdn.microsoft.com
Encrypting File System External links:
How to Share Files Using Encrypting File System
Start/Stop Encrypting File System (EFS) service in …
Cipher.exe Security Tool for the Encrypting File System
Control Panel External links:
Login – Control Panel – Car Rental Solutions
Aplus Control Panel : Control Panel : Sign In
MasterCall™ Control Panel
Chess Titans External links:
Chess Titans – Free Download
Chess Titans – Free downloads and reviews – CNET Download.com
Chess Titans – Download
Windows Task Scheduler External links:
How to: Enable Windows Task Scheduler Service
MS14-054: Vulnerability in Windows Task Scheduler …
MS15-037: Vulnerability in Windows Task Scheduler …
Windows Desktop Gadgets External links:
Windows Desktop Gadgets – All CPU Meter Version 3.9
Tom’s Guide: 25 Free and Useful Windows Desktop Gadgets
fix windows desktop gadgets has stopped working – …
Object Manager External links:
[PDF]Object Manager Administrator Guide
Enhanced Write Filter External links:
What is ENHANCED WRITE FILTER? What does …
[PDF]Using the Enhanced Write Filter – HP
Download Enhanced Write Filter Management Tool for …
Internet Information Services External links:
How to: Install Microsoft Internet Information Services
KSHSAA – Microsoft Internet Information Services 8
How to: Enable Internet Information Services (IIS)
Windows Defender External links:
Windows 10 Security, Windows Defender Antivirus, …
Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP)
Turn off Windows Defender Antivirus – support.microsoft.com
Windows Aero External links:
You may experience issues with the Windows Aero …
How do I disable Windows Aero? – Computer Hope
Windows Hardware Error Architecture External links:
Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA) Cmdlets …
Windows System Resource Manager External links:
Download Windows System Resource Manager from …
Microsoft account External links:
Billing help – Microsoft account
Microsoft account – signup.live.com
Microsoft DNS External links:
Creating DNS Records using Microsoft DNS – YouTube
Microsoft DNS Dynamic Types plug-in – Samples – VMware …
Background Intelligent Transfer Service External links:
Background Intelligent Transfer Service – revolvy.com
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Background Intelligent Transfer Service
[DOC]Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS)
Microsoft POSIX subsystem External links:
Microsoft POSIX subsystem – Revolvy
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Microsoft POSIX subsystem
Task View External links:
How To Use Task View In Windows 10 – TechRepublic
How to use Task View in Windows 10 – Yahoo
Installable File System External links:
Installable File System
http://The Installable File System (IFS) is a filesystem API in IBM OS/2 and Microsoft Windows that enables the operating system to recognize and load drivers for file systems. It is part of the Windows Driver Kit.
Exchange Installable File System drive is enabled
[PDF]EMC Atmos Installable File System (IFS) Installation …
Win32 console External links:
[C++] The “Matrix” in C++ (Win32 console) – YouTube
Microsoft Write External links:
Microsoft Write – Revolvy
Device Manager External links:
Open Device Manager – support.microsoft.com
AXIS Device Manager | Axis Communications
Wisenet Device Manager — Security Cameras & …
Remote Desktop Services External links:
Download Microsoft Remote Desktop Services …
Microsoft Solitaire Collection External links:
Check out the new look and feel of Microsoft Solitaire Collection on Windows 10! Solitaire remains the most played computer game of all time, and for good reason.
News for Microsoft Solitaire Collection – MSN Games
Microsoft Solitaire Collection – Home | Facebook
Windows Photo Viewer External links:
Restore Windows Photo Viewer to Windows 10 – Authorsoft
The classic Windows Photo Viewer although has not been dropped from Windows 10, it doesn’t appear in Default Programs or Default apps in Settings when you
Microsoft Store External links:
Windows Apps – Microsoft Store
Microsoft Store | Stories
Change your region for Microsoft Store
Microsoft Solitaire External links:
News for Microsoft Solitaire Collection – MSN Games
Microsoft Solitaire Collection – Home | Facebook
Full list of achievements and guides for the Title Update DLC pack in Microsoft Solitaire Collection. The pack has 17 Achievements worth 160 Gamerscore
Voice Recorder External links:
Free online voice recorder – SpeakPipe
Buy Olympus VN-541PC Black Voice Recorder: Digital Voice Recorders – Amazon.com FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases
Free online voice recorder – SpeakPipe
Sticky Notes External links:
sticky notes – Staples®
Personalized Sticky Notes | Vistaprint
Get Sticky Notes 8 – Microsoft Store
Windows Story Remix External links:
Microsoft Windows Story Remix explained – Business Insider
Download Windows Story Remix – Free – Malavida
Microsoft debuts Windows Story Remix to edit and …
Performance Monitor External links:
How to use Performance Monitor on Windows 10 | …
Microsoft SharePoint External links:
Exam 70-339: Managing Microsoft SharePoint Server 2016
Download Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2010 (64-bit) …
Microsoft SharePoint 2013 | Microsoft Office
Full Tilt! Pinball External links:
RGB Classic Games – Full Tilt! Pinball
Full Tilt! Pinball – Space Cadet – YouTube
Full Tilt! Pinball Demo – Internet Archive
Microsoft Transaction Server External links:
Download Microsoft Transaction Server Management …
Visual Basic and Microsoft Transaction Server
Installing Oracle Services for Microsoft Transaction Server
Windows CardSpace External links:
Description of the Windows CardSpace hotfix rollup …
Start/Stop Windows CardSpace service in Windows 7 …
How to Use Windows CardSpace with Internet Explorer 7.0
Computer game External links:
All PC Games and Latest Computer Game Releases at …
How to Create a Computer Game Using PowerPoint: 11 Steps
Play a Computer Game in Windowed Mode – Lifewire
Recovery Console External links:
System Restore using Windows XP recovery console – YouTube
Fixboot Command (Recovery Console) – Lifewire
How To Use the Recovery Console on a Windows Server …
Graphics Device Interface External links:
Microsoft Windows Graphics Device Interface CVE …
Microsoft Windows Graphics Device Interface CVE …
Graphics Device Interface – YouTube
Windows Subsystem for Linux External links:
Learn about the Windows Subsystem for Linux | Microsoft …
Windows Subsystem for Linux 概述 – zhuanlan.zhihu.com
A Guide to Windows Subsystem for Linux – IT Freedom